England : Lancashire Forum ride: Cross o' Greet, Wray, Bowland Knotts. Sat 30th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
Sorry but we apparently have family coming up on Saturday and much though I'd prefer the ride I'd better stick around.

Hope you get a decent bunch and good weather.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry but we apparently have family coming up on Saturday and much though I'd prefer the ride I'd better stick around.
I had a feeling that would be the case! Oh well, try and reserve the dates for one or more of my other rides.

Hope you get a decent bunch and good weather.
At the moment, it is looking like just me and @Littgull, with a possibility of us being joined by @double_dd and/or @Brandane.

To anybody else who might be dithering ... Don't end up looking at our ride reports on Sunday and thinking "Damn - Why didn't I do it too?"! :whistle:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sorry @ColinJ but the little notion I had to hang about down south for a couple of days prior to this ride has come undone.
I am getting the ferry back to the UK tomorrow and will be driving north part of the way after the ferry docks, and the remainder on Thursday. I need a comfy bed and some clean clothes!! ^_^

RhythMick

Über Member
Sorry @ColinJ but the little notion I had to hang about down south for a couple of days prior to this ride has come undone.
I am getting the ferry back to the UK tomorrow and will be driving north part of the way after the ferry docks, and the remainder on Thursday. I need a comfy bed and some clean clothes!! ^_^

We're just north of Sheffield if you need a bed

Brandane

Legendary Member
We're just north of Sheffield if you need a bed
Wow, that epitomises the spirit of the vast majority of CC members; thanks very much! Most generous of you to offer, especially after my comment about heading home for some clean clothes :laugh:.
I have actually already booked a room at a hotel near the Birmingham NEC.. Sheffield might have been a bit too far tomorrow in any case as I don't get into Newhaven until about 4pm, just in time to catch the M25 at it's peak :ohmy:.

Once again, thank you for your most kind offer.

Edit... And "bon courage" for your upcoming London to Paris ride; I'm jealous already!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Understandable!

So, the only hope that Littgull has now of avoiding only having me to talk to for the entire ride is double_dd joining us or someone else making a last minute appearance ... :whistle:

No worries, Colin. I'm massively looking forward to this ride. The weather forecast looks pretty reasonable too.
If it's just thee and me then we'll enjoy each other's company and no queues at the well earned café stop.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

No worries, Colin. I'm massively looking forward to this ride. The weather forecast looks pretty reasonable too.
If it's just thee and me then we'll enjoy each other's company and no queues at the well earned café stop.

Which reminds me - I will ring the cafe in Wray to make sure that they are going to be open!
Well, it does look like it will just be our double act, though latecomers would still be welcome!

I just rang Bridge House Farm Tearooms in Wray and they confirmed that they will be open on Saturday.

Meet you at 9:15 in the car park area above Wetherspoons again? :whistle:

RhythMick

Über Member
Wow, that epitomises the spirit of the vast majority of CC members; thanks very much! Most generous of you to offer, especially after my comment about heading home for some clean clothes :laugh:.
I have actually already booked a room at a hotel near the Birmingham NEC.. Sheffield might have been a bit too far tomorrow in any case as I don't get into Newhaven until about 4pm, just in time to catch the M25 at it's peak :ohmy:.

Once again, thank you for your most kind offer.

Edit... And "bon courage" for your upcoming London to Paris ride; I'm jealous already!

Welcome

Well, it does look like it will just be our double act, though latecomers would still be welcome!

I just rang Bridge House Farm Tearooms in Wray and they confirmed that they will be open on Saturday.

Meet you at 9:15 in the car park area above Wetherspoons again? :whistle:
Good news about the cafe and also about the weather as it looks like any rain will be long gone before we set off. The only slight possible impediment being a gusty westerly wind but we can certainly put up with that. Had the ride been on Sunday it looks like being a very wet morning and much windier day.

Yes, 9.15 am outside Tod Wethies is fine, Colin. See you there.

Top Bottom