England : West Yorkshire Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Otley, 15th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

I plan on getting some miles on my legs in the upcoming weeks, but I wont be able to make this one anyway. I cant get a lift to Hebden, unless my brother is free.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Count me in Colin, I know the cafe mentioned, but it's always been very busy, when I've been there!
I've changed the cafe stop now to Cock Pit Farm cafe at Weston!

***** NB I've just updated the first post with a detailed description of the route *****

Rider list:
  • ColinJ
  • bromptonfb
  • Pennine-Paul
  • Alun
Maybes:
  • aJohnson
  • potsy
Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Goose eye .....................fixed friendly not!! :eek:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Goose eye .....................fixed friendly not!! :eek:
Neither are Brunthwaite Crag or Langbar which both have steep sections up to 20-25%. The real killer for me though is the climb from Otley to The Chevin which is 1.6 kms (1 mile) at a relentless 10% - that had my back screaming for mercy when I last tackled it - not enough core strength.

In my defence, I didn't advertise the ride as fixed-friendly! :thumbsup:

aJohnson

Looks unlikely for me at the moment. I'll check if my brother is free to give me a lift, the problem with going to Rochdale and catching the train is that would be another 20miles total, I fear I'm far too unfit to manage 80miles at the moment.

I guess that rules the Rutland 2 out then? :biggrin:
Oy! I saw that, just remember I'm from further north than you are, it's dr_pink who is from the ahem, posher Cheshire. Actually she is on a tough regime at the moment, going to bed at 9 and getting up at 5 in preparation for the National 100 next Sunday. Not far from you Potsy, going to come and support? If not we will see you on 29th of this month down in "posh" Rutland ^_^
Good luck with that one Colin, I know most of that ride, as Paul said, definitely not fixed friendly whereas my ride is :dance:

Top Bottom