England : West Yorkshire Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Otley, 15th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Seeing as Mrs Skud is the main bread earner we cannot say no to work she does,roll on next year when i have finnished this course,have a good ride Colin,weather looks good for Sunday.
I am getting Mrs Skud to write a note confirming your appearance on the 4th Aug :thumbsup:

Are you sure it's not because Phil is meeting us? :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
what's happening on the 4th?
:secret: Tell you on Sunday.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
bit strong colin?
Well, it is a bit like accepting an invitation to a vegetarian restaurant, but when you get there you only stop for a garlic bread and olives starter, then leap to your feet before the main course and announce "I don't do Greek salad or veggie curry so where's the nearest McDonalds - I fancy a Big Mac!"

You go off and have your burger and we wait for you to make a reappearance. You arrive, take one look at the cheese and biscuits, decide that you don't fancy them either and walk out again to go and buy a bag of chips down the road.

We aren't quite sure if you are going to want the coffee, so we delay ordering it. Eventually, you return, (rather the worse for wear, having stopped off at a club to knock back a few double G & Ts) with an inappropriately young and under-attired young woman under each arm and you promptly fall asleep before the coffee arrives!

^_^

Honestly, if you are worried by Goose Eye, then the longer steep climbs won't be to your liking either and once you miss those out, you wouldn't really be doing the same ride as us. It wouldn't be any good starting off with us, skipping the hard climbs and going straight to the cafe either because it would take us over an hour longer than you to get there, so you would probably be leaving before we even got there.

The Goose Eye climb is from about the 18 km point to the 20 km point, including the bits that come after it. If you look at the profile in detail, you will see that there are harder climbs in there. At least Goose Eye is a short walk!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
well colin, that is why i asked for the route. tbh, i don't need a lecture on ride etiquette and i am really surprised. as you have quite rightly said, it's your ride your route. therefore to quote a well know saying, i'm out. enjoy yourselves lads and i hope the weather is good for you.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
well colin, that is why i asked for the route.
I described the route in great detail in the very first post and I included a profile which quite clearly showed how fixed-unfriendly it was. You still chose to sign up for it, which I admit rather surprised me at the time.

You're welcome to join us on one of my more fixed-friendly routes another time, or when you decide to ride a bike with an appropriate range of gears for the route, or when you are fit enough to ride the steep stuff on fixed. I still think it is madness to do it, but I've seen it done so I know that it is possible.

Enjoy your ride with Paul! :hello:

Top Bottom