England : West Yorkshire Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Otley, 15th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
+1

Watch out between Askwith and the Cockpit tearooms. There's some nasty holes where the road drops down and back up to cross a small bridge.

I intend to do a ride in that area tomorrow. If I'm anywhere near the Cockpit tearooms at 13:00 I'll drop in and see if the Cyclechatters are there. Look out for a rider on a bright yellow fixed-wheel! :hello:
Tim,
I'll be making my way to the top of Langbar via Linton, Almscliffe Crags, Pool and Askwith so if you are going that way keep an eye out for me. Aiming to get there for about 1pm.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Tim,
I'll be making my way to the top of Langbar via Linton, Almscliffe Crags, Pool and Askwith so if you are going that way keep an eye out for me. Aiming to get there for about 1pm.

Hi Colly. I'll be coming from Bolton Abbey direction. I was going to ride the flat route from Bolton Abbey to Ilkley, but if I was there at the right time I could be persuaded to ride walk the Beamsley and Langbar section of the Colin J route.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's looking good! I think I will tempt fate and not carry spare clothing other than my gilet.

Time to get the suncream on. *Gasp* ... Did I say 'suncream'!

tubbycyclist

Enjoyed that route, an interesting and scenic way to link lots of climbs. Sadly, the Chevin road was closed which meant that we had to ride a couple of miles on the flat. The memory of the flat soon faded though as the route sought more undulations on the way home.

Great cafe stop, and I will definitely go back there again.

Thanks for the company and sorry for having to dash off at Menston, I needed to balance both cycling and family time.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Enjoyed that route, an interesting and scenic way to link lots of climbs. Sadly, the Chevin road was closed which meant that we had to ride a couple of miles on the flat. The memory of the flat soon faded though as the route sought more undulations on the way home.

Great cafe stop, and I will definitely go back there again.

Thanks for the company and sorry for having to dash off at Menston, I needed to balance both cycling and family time.

Oh were you in a hurry I hadnt noticed ;)

colly

Re member eR
Good ride with a great place to stop for tea as well.

Nice to see some faces I've not seen for a while. Also made fresh acquaintance with Philhguk, Slowerthanasluggishsloth and sdr gb
I hope you all got back ok. What a shame the Chevin road was closed, I know how you were all looking forward to it.

I managed just over 60 miles for the day with 4400ft of up and down.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/778669

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had probably the hardest time today of any of my forum rides and I came within a gnat's whisker of bonking after Menston. I felt it approaching and managed to slow down even more and take on food and drink just in time.

I'm too tired to write a lot now - just thanks to everyone for putting up with me today, especially hanging about so many times in that chilly wind.

We cut a few bits out of the route to get back quicker and before I collapsed altogether. We'd done 94 km by the time we got back so I used the last of my energy to do 6 kms round a HB circuit sheltered from the wind and get my July 100 km ride in.

I agree about the cafe - I'll definitely go there again. Phil says it is very busy between 11:00 and 14:00 which is when most club runs call in there. We got there after it quietened down.

How did your ride go today bromptonfb/Pennine-Paul? :hello: (Apologies for over-reaction to the words 'pointless' and 'boring' earlier in the thread!)

Top Bottom