England : West Yorkshire Forum WALK - Haworth Old Road, Hardcastle Crags from Hebden Bridge, Sat 4th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I've got a good dose of DOMS today ... I did two easy 10 minute spins on the gym bike this afternoon to stop my legs stiffening up altogether!

We did go up and down dale though and it was cold to start with. Hope you are feeling better....

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We did go up and down dale though and it was cold to start with. Hope you are feeling better....
Wikipedia article said:
Soreness might conceivably serve as a warning to reduce muscle activity so as to prevent further injury. However, further activity temporarily alleviates the soreness, even though it causes more pain initially. Continued use of the sore muscle also has no adverse effect on recovery from soreness and does not exacerbate muscle damage. It is therefore unlikely that soreness is in fact a warning sign not to use the affected muscle.
I have done two moderately hilly bike rides since the walk, totalling 36 miles and 2,000 ft of climbing. Wikipedia is right - the exercise made my legs hurt less! I don't quite understand that effect. It was very noticeable that I felt sore until 20 minutes into the first ride, and then I started to feel better.

The veins in the bad leg feel tender but nothing too serious.

Top Bottom