England : West Yorkshire Forum WALK - Haworth Old Road, Hardcastle Crags from Hebden Bridge, Sat 4th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Unfortunately Colin I'll not be able to come along....I've got 18,000 word essay and 2 placements to do before the end of August as well as my portfolio. So I'm going to have to knuckle down and get on with it, so no more cc or other such shenanigans. Just uni work, work and riding to and from such places.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Unfortunately Colin I'll not be able to come along....I've got 18,000 word essay and 2 placements to do before the end of August as well as my portfolio. So I'm going to have to knuckle down and get on with it, so no more cc or other such shenanigans. Just uni work, work and riding to and from such places.
Ouch - good luck with all that. I'll see you again when you are not so busy.

Okay, let's have a walkers list then:
  • ColinJ
  • bicyclos
  • cubist (+ dog?)
  • oldfatfool (if free, and knee okay)
Post below if you want to come along.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

More walkers wanted! :hello:

I think 5-8 would be a nice-sized group but we only have half that number at the moment.

Maybe you are in Manchester or Leeds and have cycled on the roads round here but have not walked or cycled off road? If so, then come over and explore some different scenery with the rest of us.

I hope to be organising rides again in a few months time so there will not be too many forum walks in the future, perhaps just a couple a year.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I've been there, didn't see any dogs though :tongue:
Apparently the landlord and landlady have a friendly dog named George!

Am a possible for this Colin, depending on what else I'm doing over the Bank Holiday weekend, have booked a couple of days off to make it even longer :thumbsup:
That would be nice.

I didn't realise that it will be a Bank Holiday weekend - all weekends seem the same to me until I walk down to the shops on a Bank Holiday and wonder why the town centre is so crowded! I must check that the bus is running as usual.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

PS - remember to bring change for the bus! I would guess that it will be £2.50 - £3.00 but it is a while since I caught it.

If you are parking in the car park where we meet up, it would be best to put £3.00 or so on the parking ticket because the fines are £60-80 and wardens are always hanging about to catch you if you outstay your welcome! If you want to park free, there are usually free places at that time a 5-10 minute walk away on the A646 between HB station and Mytholmroyd.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The forecast for Saturday is looking good for walking - dry, sunny spells, temperatures nudging into double figures. A fairly stiff westerly wind but that shouldn't be too chilling.

Come and join us! :hello:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Col, will this walk be best done in hiking boots or will trainers suffice?
It has been pretty dry recently so trainers should be okay. There are a couple of places where conditions can be gloopy after heavy rain but none is forecast. (But if there is some mud, don't blame me! :thumbsup:)

How is the bad knee?

PS Ha - I just checked the forecast and some rain IS now forecast for tomorrow, but the ground is pretty dry so I wouldn't have expected it to get that muddy overnight to Saturday!

potsy

Rambler
Colin, I'm not going to make this now, had a better another offer of a 50 mile bike ride instead.
Considering I'm so far behind certain people in the MCL stakes and I'm even getting picked on by skolly I need the miles :thumbsup:

Have a good one, look forward to seeing some pics.

Top Bottom