England : West Yorkshire Forum WALK - Haworth Old Road, Hardcastle Crags from Hebden Bridge, Sat 4th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Cheers Colin
for your time and effort in organising the walk again. It was really nice to see you again and have a pleasent day exploring the delights of Hardcastle crags etc. It started off cold but turned out a lovely warm afternoon back at Hebden bridge. And to Cubist, it was really nice to meet you too and your enthusiasm for the rough stuff has influenced me in considering buying a mountain bike. I will post some photos tomorrow sometime. Got dragged out with the wife and daughter when I got home for another 5miles walking with the dog in tow so a little tired now....

fantastic day.....................................

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yes, a fantastic day, great route and great company, good to meet ColinJ and bicyclos. I've just had to upgrade my photobucket account as I was well over my upload limit, and only just set the photos to upload. Should have a few on in a minute or so. If nothing else the walk has convinced me to get up and do more exploring on the MTB, having seen some literally mouthwatering bridleways. Blue Pig is first on the list... looks really really tasty.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lovely pics, but it is pretty scary seeing pictures of my late father out on the walk! (The older, greyer and balder I get, the more I look like a supersized version of him in his late 50s.)

The 'raintop over gilet over residual beer belly' look doesn't really work, does it! :laugh:

BREAKING NEWS: Michael Portillo is being interviewed right now in the town centre, a few yards from where the last photo was taken. Yes, I find it pretty underwhelming news too, but a friend thought it worth a phonecall! :thumbsup:

Cubist

Still wavin'
:hyper:

Brilliant photos, looks like you had a great time.
Never mind B&B's, next time we go Mrs Cube says you can sofa-surf at ours.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Well, heres my contribution to the photo gallery. I think Cubist has covered the ambiance of the day really well. I have picked out the best shots and not to replicate which has already been shown.
fw-1.jpg

fw-2.jpg

fw-3.jpg

fw-4.jpg
Not bad for a guess shot on the timer
fw-5.jpg

fw-6.jpg
I think this is my best photo
fw-7.jpg
Are we lost ?
fw-8.jpg
Just follow the horses.......
forum-walk-1A.jpg
The first leg of the walk: 6.783 miles 3hrs-16mins-42secs. Thats from the starting point to the coffee break at the mill stop.​
forum-walk-2A.jpg
The second leg of the walk: 2.900miles 1hr-10mins-46secs. That is from the coffee stop to Hebden Bridge car park. The times do not include drinking coffee and tucking in to a wedge of lemon drizzle cake:whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The first leg of the walk: 6.783 miles 3hrs-16mins-42secs. Thats from the starting point to the coffee break at the mill stop.​
...​
The second leg of the walk: 2.900miles 1hr-10mins-46secs. That is from the coffee stop to Hebden Bridge car park.​
The times do not include drinking coffee and tucking in to a wedge of lemon drizzle cake :whistle:
But the 10.8 miles total distance does apparently include a bonus of 1.1 miles from somewhere! Does that include you wandering about Hebden Bridge before we met up and caught the bus? :thumbsup:

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
But the 10.8 miles total distance does apparently include a bonus of 1.1 miles from somewhere! Does that include you wandering about Hebden Bridge before we met up and caught the bus? :thumbsup:

I think it was looking for the film canister with my coins in I left in the cafe !

Top Bottom