FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th March in aid of Martlets Hospice 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
I think that would be very unwise. The Kirk drives women cyclists mad with desire. I am a married man. However, if one of the single chaps wished to borrow it.....

I hear DavyW is (unbelievably) still single - he'd jump at the chance, I'm sure...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Aperitif said:
Yellow, or straight red Greg? :tongue:

I reckon it is a straight red for riding a BSO but the disciplinary panel will rule "sending off sufficient"

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Flying Dodo said:
I see the potential here for more fund raising here Simon. Although I've already sponsored Greg, how much money will it take for you to volunteer to do this ride on the Kirk???

In fact thinking about it, really we should all ditch our bling machines and do this on more basic steeds, so as not to intimidate the Martlett riders.

Thank you for the sponsorship!

I haven't bought my bling machine yet, they won't increase our cycletowork limit beyond £1000!, so stock issue basic stead it is for me as well.....

Personally I think the acres of lycra and the hi-tech lights will scare them alll to death at HPC....

Andrij

Über Member
GregCollins said:
Thank you for the sponsorship!

Personally I think the acres of lycra and the hi-tech lights will scare them alll to death at HPC....

Hmm... how about tweed and carbide lamps? :tongue:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Origamist said:
I hear DavyW is (unbelievably) still single - he'd jump at the chance, I'm sure...

what what...? Oh...

Mmmmmmm...

I don't think Dell would let me ride down hill fast into Reigate or near muddy ditches on it... :tongue:

iLB

Hello there
not sure i could handle the gearing on it to be completely honest, looks like 39-15 or something is the lowest ;)

dellzeqq said:
I think that would be very unwise. The Kirk drives women cyclists mad with desire. I am a married man. However, if one of the single chaps wished to borrow it.....

Spoilsport!!

However, I'll happily sponsor anyone prepared to ride it to Brighton. We may need some fire extinguishers placed along Reigate Hill in case of spontaneous ignition though.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
iLB said:
not sure i could handle the gearing on it to be completely honest, looks like 39-15 or something is the lowest :biggrin:

Dont forget its got old school campag parts and errr, whats this... downtube shifters??? ;)

Think my head would get tangled up in all the extra outer cable too... :blush:

Aperitif said:
11 Apollos + a full moon would be rather poetic. Would Halfords or Argos sponsor "us" (that means you Adam :blush:) to bust ours, busting theirs from London to Brighton...might make for good publicity? Backward facing forks allowed! This would, of course, enlarge the peloton vocab. from a modest "Bollards" to a potential "Fork Off!" :biggrin:

I've done Brighton before on my 10 year old British Eagle commuter bike (complete with rattling mudguards), but I'm not sure I could manage an Apollo. That really would be a giant leap too far. ;)

mike e

Hello all,

Any "northern" help needed on this ride? translations, advice on dealing with colder weather (I know you guy's down there are more accustomed to balmy conditions)....:evil:

Top Bottom