GCN+ Gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
Less than twelve hours to go and I've finished a full site rip, just double checked I had everything. Some of the videos need their sound syncing up but other than that, it's all there.

Have they actually said what's happening with the films? Well, it doesn't bother me now, I've got them! 😄

P.S. - That's a siterip of the the films, not the races!

scragend

Less than twelve hours to go and I've finished a full site rip, just double checked I had everything. Some of the videos need their sound syncing up but other than that, it's all there.

Have they actually said what's happening with the films? Well, it doesn't bother me now, I've got them! 😄

Same. I might have missed the odd one but no big deal.

On another note, just received an e-mail about the pro rata refund. True to their word on that so fair play.

Goddamn wish I'd thought of this. They had some lovely films.

As I only subscribed to GCN+ for the documentaries, there does not seem to be that function within Discovery plus that I can find, so I’m therefore reluctant to pay the same price for less content, filled in with adverts and irrelevant (to me anyway) programming on other topics. I can get racing on my stick so will use that, highlights I’ll get off GCN YouTube. It’s a real shame, but it is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

scragend

Received an e-mail from GCN:

The good news is that live cycling races are available on discovery+. As a gesture of our appreciation and to compensate you for the inconvenience of the closure of GCN+, we would like to offer you a voucher code to discovery+. With this voucher you will get a subscription to the Standard plan of discovery+ for the first 3 months at no cost starting from the date of your code redemption. <Redacted> must be redeemed at https://auth.discoveryplus.com/redeem by 31 Dec 2023. After the promotional period your subscription will convert to a paid subscription and will automatically renew each month at the then-current monthly price (now £6.99) inclusive of VAT, unless cancelled prior to renewal. Terms and Conditions* apply.

Reminder to anyone who is eligible and wants to take up their three months of free Discovery+, to do it before the end of Sunday.

13 rider

Guru
Never got any email or refund....anyone else not get anything ?
Yes got an E mail and refund for about 2 months , if you had less than a month to renewal I would guess no refund

OldShep

Über Member
Had to email them to get the 3 months code. Took a couple of attempts to get a code which worked. Still waiting for a refund as I subscribed through Apple and they supply the refund.

Top Bottom