Go on, admit, who is both a 4x4 owner and a cyclist ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
At a push - has been used to rescue injured players from muddy corners of rugby pitches ... plus comes in handy when we head to the Aps in the snow. Mainly used for its 7 seats though I have to admit.

Pretty good on the school run as well.;)

I case you have missed it, I am the one rejecting grouping cyclists, so how does my similarly not grouping you put me on the spot?
Is there one where the little chap holds his hand, thumb touching forefinger to form a small circle, and moves it up and down in a rhythmic fashion?
Well apparently I'm a wander for owning them.

Buying inanimate objects is a strange reason to be sworn at unless i am sharing some sort of responsibility for other drivers of the same car.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I do, as an owner of what would be described as a big ass German 4x4
One term around here is 4x4. Believe me, you don't want to know why - or if you're really curious, there are far too many dull threads clogging up the history of the politics subforum.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Often rightly portrayed as natural enemies, who has a foot in both camps ? I do, as an owner of what would be described as a big ass German 4x4 and a couple of bikes. But I like to think my experience as a road cyclist informs my approach when driving. The advantage is that when I slow down, give way, allow space and generally treat cyclists with due caution, other car drivers cannot push me around !

How come? :stop:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Problem is the BMW X series, Audi Q series, have virtually no off road or snow capacity. It's the automotive equivalent of Clark Kent dressing up as Superman. I don't have a problem if that's what people fancy, I just can't see the point.
I think if you change to snow tires, then they will be good in snow too. Just like a fiesta I once had. These cars can go off road more than a regular car, but not as much as a land rover defender or a Jeep. Which in turn can't go off road as much as one of those army 6x6 vehices.

400bhp

Guru
Nowt really to do with 4x4s but someone mentioned on here that they don't seem to get issues off the old stereotype of the boy racers. I'd have to agree with that. Never get bothered by them.

Men with hats. Now there's a problem.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think if you change to snow tires, then they will be good in snow too. Just like a fiesta I once had. These cars can go off road more than a regular car, but not as much as a land rover defender or a Jeep. Which in turn can't go off road as much as one of those army 6x6 vehices.

Absolutely, but even a Corsa could be made good in the snow if you start to modify it. Out the showroom, box stock as most folk will use them they offer virtually no all terrain or inclement weather advantage.

Defenders are very good, but distinctly over rated their off road prowess by people with beards who smoke roll-ups made with licquorice paper. Having been lucky enough to be at the UK press launch of the Fiat Panda 4x4 a few years back (a frined of mine is a freelance motoring writer) I saw the Panda in unskilled Journo hands successfully getting through where the defenders and Jeeps provided for comparison were consistently getting stuck.

Top Bottom