Holme Moss Loop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone mind if I tag along?

The weathers looking better than I thought. Bit slippy out just now though. Nearly slipped coming back from the offy.

Royal george @ 9am?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Good Grief. The madness is spreading....

See You all tomorrow.

I'll be the hairy BFF on the mud covered Trek riding really slowly, and looking worried at the hills.

a_n_t

its real real frosty out there now so i'll play it by ear in the morning. If i'm not at the pub for 9 then dont hang about, i'll have gone back to bed!! :evil:

[I'll be on a blue ribble btw]

trio25

Über Member
No going back to bed ant, I'm braving the ice, hills and whatever else you lot are talking about so you can to.

I should be easy to spot, I'll be in a pink jacket on a bike with pink handlebar tape :evil:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Morning all, BE CAREFUL!!!

You coming a-n-t?

Only if you think it's safe to get there though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hope you have a good ride - I got about 4 miles in, and the roads were real bad near Hattersley - just frosty tyre tracks in the ice - not gritted...

I walked to the main road, and then it was OK, until just after Gee Cross. Was texting Longers when I could hear a landrover sliding down the road as he attempted to turn into a farm...brown trousers moment....

Ended up walking part of the way back....

a_n_t

:laugh:

I got back about 1.45. Great ride! if a little nippy, took me 4/5 miles to warm up and after that it wasn't too bad. Roads were pretty good considering. Worst part was definately that killer headwind going up holme moss, almost got blown into the snow banks on a couple of occasions!! Just nice to get out on the bike after a 2 weeks off. Nice to meet you all, cheers Longers for sorting it out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glad it was a good ride - the big roads were OK, but I couldn't get through from my end - really bad.... and on Pro Race tyres.......

Wind 'eh...hmmm nothing when I set off - I'd have been in trouble then as I'd not changed from my 21, but spent most of my time in that gear, the roads were that bad....

Let's do a loop in a couple of months or so... did you do a cafe stop ?

Top Bottom