How long does a sting or bite pain last for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I know pain! I've been married for 27 years...:smooch:
Well, 33 if you count the first one as well! :evil:

alicat

Legendary Member
Best not to go to A&E. You may encounter a fresh out of med school doctor keen to try anything to remove the pain. Take one chainsaw. Apply to neck of patient.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Best not to go to A&E. You may encounter a fresh out of med school doctor keen to try anything to remove the pain. Take one chainsaw. Apply to neck of patient.
I see that you live in Staffs, which may affect your jaundiced view of the local hospital:whistle:

G3CWI

Veteran
Wasp sting while cycling last week. Acute pain for 20 minutes (cycling buddy looked on amazed as I cycled along swearing and nearly in tears). This was followed by several hours of less intense pain while hand swelled to crazy proportions. Antihistamine the next day did very little, it now ached and itched - and looked like a red balloon (the whole hand - not just the site of the sting). The swelling subsided after 72 hours. The actual site of the sting is still itchy a week later.

...I must be lucky.

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
If it was a sea urchin you need to piss on it.

Why would you need to piss on the sea urchin? That's just wrong.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Soft arse !
Got stung by a wasp a few years back, between the eyes, as I was destroying a nest. No more than a nettle sting really.

Out on the MTB, you just have to ride through nettles some times.. crap happens.

Horse fly bites are supposed to be not nice.

Anti-histamine (piriton) and you'll be fine.

fossyant

PS Cyclists don't go to A&E unless something is missing, or very broken. Don't turn up in lycra, with broken ribs, and struggling to breath, and some fat old twit behind you will start going on about cyclists to his mate !! That was a year before my spine was busted. I exercised superhuman control that day.

fossyant

PS, if wearing a bin lid, especially with the bug scoop editions I wear, just pop on a skull cap/bandanna/buff on yer bonce before said mushroom is fitted. Bugs won't get through, sweat goes into said covering, and no drippy eyes.... Barsteward bugs, can't get their stingy bits in your noggin.

Same goes without a mushroom, get a buff !!

Top Bottom