How long does a sting or bite pain last for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pauldavid

Veteran
I'd guess there wouldn't be a queue of people waiting to piss on the OP even if he was on fire...

Except of course if you could piss parafin?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
image.jpeg
I got stung by a bee yesterday.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I got stung by a flying beastie the other week. I t went down the front of my jersey and got me several times on the chest.
This is the stuff I use, it takes the itching and the pain away.---
Stings and bites can last several days before the weals go away.
8999326810142.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You might need to start a thread to ask whether you should start a thread....

Why don't YOU let it drop as well. You start a thread and see how it goes on. Maybe you could call it i talk utter bollocks and live in a fantasy world.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Couple of light humour tales...
true too...
my old golfing buddy asked in the pub 'how can i get rid of a wasp nest in my lawn'
Pour petrol on it..ok he says..

he did pour petrol on it and lit the fuel..
the small flash was followed by a very quick run to the house with angry mob after him..
you dont light it Errol..

another not so funny tale, another golfing mate disturbed a wasp nest in the rough with a shot..
they chased him several hundred yards to saftey but he got stung very badly..
he was in the lead upto that point :smile:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I expect I'll be shot down in flames for this, but isn't picking on someone who has self-admitted anger issues, and baiting them every time they say something, a form of bullying?

I used to see this in the school playground long ago. It's very sad. :sad:

I'll say no more.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I expect I'll be shot down in flames for this, but isn't picking on someone who has self-admitted anger issues, and baiting them every time they say something, a form of bullying?

I used to see this in the school playground long ago. It's very sad. :sad:

I'll say no more.

I'll probably be shot down as well but the mods on here let it happen. Then when things get out of hand they either delete the posts or lock the thread. I'm finding that whenever i start a thread there are 3 or 4 who jump right in there. Nothing to add to the thread but plenty of little snide comments. Thanks for the back up anyway!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well, I suppose the other option is for everyone to refrain from replying on any of your threads whatsoever. Would that be good for you?

Yes i'd rather certain ones didn't reply. Stick to the subject as we're told. For example i post a thread about being stung, (and it was a genuine question /comment) then the replies should be about being stung, not about me personally.

MarkF

Guru
I've never been stung by anything but react very badly to bites. The affected limb swells up like a balloon, the itching drives me crazy for 3 days and then a hard lump forms over for about 3 more days, all in all, well over week to get back to normal, it sucks all energy from me and I can't cycle. I take more weight in Autan than in tools on tours. :sad:

Top Bottom