How long does a sting or bite pain last for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apparently the same thing applies if you get stung on your head, should be an interesting experiment trying to piss on your own head :blush:
A new version of 'Highest up the wall' :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS I'd never been stung by a beastie, till I jet washed out the last of two nests... the pain thing was over rated.... Never noticed it, until the bloody thing was right between my eyes...

sarahale

Über Member
My dad was bitten by something in the garden the other week, his whole arm swelled and his hand was like a balloon and bright red. I rang 111 (my dad has a heart condition but he's one of those who avoids hospitals at all costs) and they said only go to A&E if he feels unwell or it shows signs of infection.

He didn't so applied cold compress on and off and it had fully gone down after a few days. He's convinced it was a spider but not too sure.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Might I perhaps offer some advice?

LEAVE IT ALONE

That'll be difficult. I'm one of those who can't leave medical worries alone. If i find a lump i'll keep prodding it till it gets bigger then think it's something serious.

fatblokish

Guru
Bee sting two weeks ago, pain for 20 mins and then tenderness for another 3 days.
Horse fly bite last week, pain, nah, but itchy for 3 days.
I'm off to find an wasps nest to prod.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
@Accy cyclist if you are bald use a soap and sugar poultice, mix a bit of regular hand washing soap with sugar to form a paste apply to a lint pad and bandage over the offending bite and tape or bandage in place, by the morning there will be nothing there except perhaps a small hole where the crap has been drawn out.

Top Bottom