How quickly can you get your foot down, when you screw up a shift on a steep hill?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like my bike a lot, but it is a bit temperamental, if you don't trim the mechs properly. There is no 'one size fits all', and you do have to play with the adjusters, to get the best out of it, on the fly. A week back, it pulled a neutral on a 25% er, I went down big time. Today I got the trim slightly wrong on Leith hill. My god my reactions have improved:laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Flat pedals. Friction gears. You're creating problems for yourself ;)

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I find that if I engage my mind to unclip before a hazard that I can see, the act is instantaneous.

If the hazard is a hill, I apply rule #5 of the Velomati.

Russell

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Pretty quick, yet to be caught out, although as I tend to hit lowest gear quickly and ride expecting to fail (not, I agree, the best tactic for success) I tend to be very ready for when it's needed.

Buck

Guru
I hit a 20+% a couple of weeks ago and one section went even steeper and I had to stop :sad:

My problem? Getting going again. I clipped in on my right and couldn't get enough momentum without the front rearing up and ended up looking silly straddled over my bike !!

Ended up walking 25m or so to get to a flatter section before I could get back on :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

In my case yesterday not quick enough, thats why my new bike has a scraped brake lever and I have a scraped elbow

Top Bottom