Hull - York & back Sat 21st Aug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Sorry I can't do the 21st either, :blush: double booked myself with the football stuff - though did put it on calendar :tongue:

Can poss do the weekend after, I wondered about the FNRTC route back?
nice route - as good if not better than TPT - Arch if your reading this did you get a pdf of the route?

gbs are you visiting the area at the moment, some nice routes can be found off the Big G sportive routes, might remind you of brantingham et al - my riding as a youth too & ken ellekers still a top notch shop

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/Cyclosportive/route.aspx

gbs

Guru
Well, even more noble/self-sacrificing. I have never thought I had enough mental reserve to adequately help foster children and I am truly respectful of yr decision. BRs.

HaHa - that is is Best regards not B****** R***.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can poss do the weekend after, I wondered about the FNRTC route back?
nice route - as good if not better than TPT - Arch if your reading this did you get a pdf of the route?

No, I don't think I did.... Or if I did, I've forgotton, I'll check my inboxes....

I can't do the week after, I'm at the Sky ride in Leicester...

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I definitely sent it.

Anyway if you can't find it then it's here as well
biggrin.gif

craigwend

Good map! Even though I know the area I was compeltely lost (disorientated) on the fnrttc - but a very good route

Another option - though I've no time to figure it out ride wise - a ride to Spurn Point form Hull or Beverley (Avoiding the A1033) I did a ride down to Easington in June on the return loop spent too much time on that road & far too busy

Aay other ideas?

fee

Unfortunately I am unable to make this one as I have committed to an afternoon ride that day, but would be really interested if this is a regular thing. I live in the Hull area and was thinking of joining a club to meet like minded people for rides out, but am nervous that I will hold the group up, the groups I have looked at all seem to be into time trails and racing, not for me. I do rides around the 40 -50 mile and average around 15.5 - 16.

fee

Does this mean that there used to be a group in the area that organized rides which were not riden at a blistering pace? Does anyone know of any groups in the hull or close surrounding areas that still function?

MockCyclist

I joined the East Riding group once and it was indeed a very relaxed pace, anyone averaging 15-16 mph will leave everyone behind.

I'm hoping to repeat it but I'm unable to do so before October.

I know my own little corner of the East Riding pretty well, I'd quite like to include some of my own fave tracks into a ride but it all depends on who has the tyre suitability, I manage everywhere on 1.5" but I'm not averse to the occasional walk to discover a new track.

Arch

Married to Night Train
What a pity. I would have been up for 21st, but can't do the week after.

We really should re-instigate the Yorkshire rides. We've been a bit slack this year.

Yeah, stuff just kept getting in the way I think.

If you want to ride on the 21st, I was thinking of going out and trying to do something long distance on the trike - no particular plan, but wondering about heading for the Humber Bridge and back...

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Does this mean that there used to be a group in the area that organized rides which were not riden at a blistering pace? Does anyone know of any groups in the hull or close surrounding areas that still function?
We used to have regular rides from Hull, Beverley & York, but as mentioned in another post they have been a bit slack this year, for one reason & another. I'm still free on Sat 28th Aug if anyone fancies a ride out then :thumbsup: What type of route road/track & what sort of distance do people want?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Yeah, stuff just kept getting in the way I think.

If you want to ride on the 21st, I was thinking of going out and trying to do something long distance on the trike - no particular plan, but wondering about heading for the Humber Bridge and back...

I had a half-formed plan to go to Harrogate - got some shopping to do at Spa Cycles there.

Anyone else besides Arch up for a run from York to Harrogate and back? There are (I believe) regular trains, so you could do one way if you wanted.

craigwend

We used to have regular rides from Hull, Beverley & York, but as mentioned in another post they have been a bit slack this year, for one reason & another. I'm still free on Sat 28th Aug if anyone fancies a ride out then :thumbsup: What type of route road/track & what sort of distance do people want?

'I'm free'

Would not mind either

A Bev or Hull to York route 66 out & 'fntrc route' back - printed the pdf off on A3 & think it looks okay

or

A Hull or Bev ride to Spurn Point (no idea of route) ?

Top Bottom