Hull - York & back Sat 21st Aug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Ok update

It seems at the moment myself,soltydog & velocidad are going...

The ride is from Beverley to Pocklington & then York using sustrans 'route 66' out

then return via the FNRTTC route erm link here

http://www.macnet.org.uk/test/fnrttc_York-Cleethorpes.pdf

Velocidad will be navigating :whistle:

Meeting at Bev around 9am on saturday outside the Minster oposite the main doors on the corner of Highgate

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=beverley minster&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

So if anyone fancies it meet us about 9am, this will be a very 'relaxed ride'

M'off to Mildenhall, so not free, but another time :smile:

craigwend

Right been back a while & now recovered!

Just a tad over the 100 (100.45 in a time just inder 7 hours 20) came home via bit of a diversion with solty on the way back to make the 100.

Apart from the odd bit of rain :rain: :rain: :rain: though only the first part of the ride to York it was a fine days riding. :sun:

The all day breakfast in Pocklington & cake and tea in South Cave :hungry: helped very much.

Though the persistent picking of fruit off tress :mrpig: on the ride by Andy then Paul (& me) threatend our very decent ride time :bicycle: and speed.

Went out via route 66 (Bev - Pock Stamford bridge) as planned & came back (from the edge of York) via the fntrc route with only one minor mistake :eek: we forgot to turmn at the 'sumo' :biggrin:

Andy guided us back from south cave via his inbred human compass :rofl:

Thanks to Andy & Paul for a great day ride, & good luck with your TpT in a few weeks:eek:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Though the persistent picking of fruit off tress :mrpig: on the ride by Andy then Paul (& me) threatend our very decent ride time :bicycle: and speed.

106 miles in 10 hours inc stops for me is a good time. You didn't need to be home till 7, so we could have had another hour picking/sampling fruit along the route :biggrin:
tbh this morning I didn't feel like a ton ride, a few aches & working till 11 last night didn't help, but really enjoyed the ride today. Just been dragged round Asda, but still feeling ok & could do the same again tomorrow :thumbsup:
Cheers again

craigwend

106 miles in 10 hours inc stops for me is a good time.

Yes I was surprised at how much time we spent not riding!

Factor in:

2 x cake stops :hungry:

1 x Pock Arts centre stop :reading:

1 x faffing to get off start /stop :rolleyes:

1-2 comfort breaks :whistle:

2-3 hiding under tree from the rain stops :rain:

4-5 (failing) to read map stops :whistle:

1 x my mudguard has finally broke stop :sad:

2 x what score are hcafc loosing by now... stops :angry:

1 x getting the chain back on with a stick :surrender:

numerous 'drive by fruiting' stops :wub:

gives the equation :-

'started off at 8:30 got back about 6:15ish? :bicycle:
- actual ride time from 'compomputer' 7hours: 19mins:57secs :cycle:

= a lot of stopping! :stop:

zacklaws

Guru
Sounds like it was a good day, pity the cycling got in the way of ruining a really good outing. I presume next year, if you do a similar ride, it will be on "shoppers" with Wicker baskets etc on the bars to bring back all the fruit! Have you ever thought of just having a day out in a Shopping center?

Glad I could not make it, all the hard work on doing a "ton" on Wednesday, determined to lose some weight would have been wasted. As I'm that determined to lose some weight before Xmas as I have lost nothing this year I'm planning 3 back to back "ton's" this week on my days off.

Top Bottom