I will be appearing on BBC Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I deleted it - not because of what you said, but the way you said it. Try again with a tone of helpful and constructive advice and I'll likely let it stand.

Well done Mathew, I finally skipped through the programme just to watch you: See, I care :smile:

Media training seems an odd one but if it continues you on the path to enlightment, I'm all for it, otherwise you might end up like Dusty or worse, Boris.

Radchenister

Veteran
Fair play, a reasonably well balanced program ... and Matt, you came over well :smile: ; I've only just caught up with this and have now watched the entire program.

It didn't tell us anything we don't already know about idiots on the road but my fears (cynicism :blush:) regarding balanced journalism and painting the cyclist as the bad guy were waylaid.

The message was more in line with the thoughts that many of us are after spreading and promoting ... we're all road users and there should be courtesy amongst all parties, no more 'us and them' stances, especially ones that get fired up into more serious issues by lazy reporting, this stuff influences people's behaviour, when people copy extreme examples that they've seen on TV (/ other media) and take it beyond reasonable, it's not right.

Well done Matt, this one went well, you've still got to watch 'em (those journalists) mind ^_^ !

Edit:

PS ... I've not read the thread since when you posted that you'd warn us when it came on ... not sure I can be bothered tbh from the few posts above :banghead: .

Last edited:

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I watched the whole show, it wasn't too bad at all.
Matthew came across well (and has done something I would be unlikely to do).
I see no reason for him needing to run off to Welsh Cycling or whichever association(s) is/are available in that area (as this is his opinion of an incident that happened to him).

However it will not change the minds of the more "hard" core drivers, who will only focus on Matthew "nitpicking" the cutting of the corner, no matter what he may have said about it afterwards.

Personally if that driver was lazy enough to cut the corner then what else is he too lazy to do?

I think Matthew has done well with this interview.

Top Bottom