Idiots on bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Two cyclists riding in gloomy half light conditions (dusk or dawn) one in black with no lights, one in bright colours with lights on. Which one is "less" likely to get hit?
loaded question... you're leading the witness!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Two cyclists riding in gloomy half light conditions (dusk or dawn) one in black with no lights, one in bright colours with lights on. Which one is "less" likely to get hit?
The one on the inside closest to the fence, curb, pavement, sidewalk........

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Lol seeing the world we live in it probably should be. I'm a very compassionate person but I am not going to work myself into a stress because someone is doing something stupid.
Fair point and I see where you are coming from, but judging by some of the responses on here it doesn't matter what we wear or do as someone else will always smash into us whatever we do.
I have to try and teach my young children the rights and wrongs of life and to behave in the correct manner, would it be right to say to them "it really doesn't matter what you wear or if you have your lights on as it will make no difference" or do I say " try and wear something bright, use your lights if it's gloomy, do your best, try your hardest"?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think the title of the thread should be changed to 'idiots on the internet'.

liambauckham

Über Member
Fair point and I see where you are coming from, but judging by some of the responses on here it doesn't matter what we wear or do as someone else will always smash into us whatever we do.
I have to try and teach my young children the rights and wrongs of life and to behave in the correct manner, would it be right to say to them "it really doesn't matter what you wear or if you have your lights on as it will make no difference" or do I say " try and wear something bright, use your lights if it's gloomy, do your best, try your hardest"?

go with option 1 but also tell them to get their coke from big tony as his coke is the cleanest and isnt cut with plaster of paris. No obvs your gonna teach your kids street smarts, keep your wits and keep safe

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What was you saying earlier @Subotai72 ?
this...?
"I don't know why you even bothered @Justinslow there's always someone on here willing to make an argument where none exists."

I don't know why you bothered either... you saw someone this morning, decided they were a 'bell end' and shared your thoughts on here... and now you're going to spend how long getting shirty with everyone who doesn't reply with "yes, you're right, they are a bell end!" ??

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ok, but what do you think other road users think of that cyclist or the horse rider I mentioned? It hardly gives cyclists a good rep does it? He can't even be bothered to try and be seen from distance. [...] Take some responsibility for yourselves.
I take responsibility for myself but I'm not buying an unproven Yellow Star jacket for anyone and I'm definitely not taking responsibility for random other cyclists - especially not @Justinslow who disobeys highway code rule 147 with this thread and I believe doesn't use bike lights that comply with the law anyway, based on past comments.

So in summary: get some legal lights yourself before complaining about others not doing so - and even then, ideally, don't get agitated enough to complain on here :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom