Idiots on bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Comments like "well it's light here" remind me of a time I spent working for a large agricultural contractor, work stopped due to rain, apon phoning the boss he said "well it's not raining here" 10 miles away sitting in the office.......
Poor analogy, the onset of daylight generally is not as localised as a wet cloud.
Depending on which way the wind is blowing the front of my house can be dripping wet while the back is dry.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I take responsibility for myself but I'm not buying an unproven Yellow Star jacket for anyone and I'm definitely not taking responsibility for random other cyclists - especially not @Justinslow who disobeys highway code rule 147 with this thread and I believe doesn't use bike lights that comply with the law anyway, based on past comments.

So in summary: get some legal lights yourself before complaining about others not doing so - and even then, ideally, don't get agitated enough to complain on here :smile:
Ummmm, or any lights infact, or reflectors or anything brightly coloured, as this particular guy didn't have any of the above.
I run 2 USB charge halfords specials pointed down not in people's faces, one extra flashing mini light on the front and two mini flashers on the rear, no idea what I did before but I will check your link. My 30 mile ride on Tuesday was smooth, I could see where I was going and had no issues with other road users being blinded by my lights.

liambauckham

Über Member
this thread is kicking off! YEEAAAAAAAAAAAH
60.jpg

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I take responsibility for myself but I'm not buying an unproven Yellow Star jacket for anyone and I'm definitely not taking responsibility for random other cyclists - especially not @Justinslow who disobeys highway code rule 147 with this thread and I believe doesn't use bike lights that comply with the law anyway, based on past comments.

So in summary: get some legal lights yourself before complaining about others not doing so - and even then, ideally, don't get agitated enough to complain on here :smile:
Oh what have my lights got to do with what I saw this morning whilst on my way to work in my white van?

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
You are OK with this as a behavior?
No of course not, but it happens. With a well lit and bright cyclist/ pedestrian whatever, at least they may be more visible further away and stand more chance of being seen earlier not just in the few seconds where the vehicle is almost on top of them?

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Poor analogy, the onset of daylight generally is not as localised as a wet cloud.
Depending on which way the wind is blowing the front of my house can be dripping wet while the back is dry.
Generally if it's cloudy/rainy it's darker than bright sunshine......

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly

By the way are you some kind of weird internet stalker, digging up my old posts?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ummmm, or any lights infact, or reflectors or anything brightly coloured, as this particular guy didn't have any of the above.
Legally, you don't have sufficient lights either, brightly-coloured isn't required and the opening post didn't mention reflectors.

Oh what have my lights got to do with what I saw this morning whilst on my way to work in my white van?
White van? Why aren't you driving something brightly-coloured and ensuring others see you? Do you want other road users to crash into you? Bell end. ;)

By the way are you some kind of weird internet stalker, digging up my old posts?
No, but most people on here don't use legal lights, so it seemed worth a quick search to see if you had admitted to being one of them and therefore being a bit hypocritical by complaining about others without sufficient lighting.

Personally, I find the legal lights on my bike and my car are plenty good enough to illuminate unlit objects in the roadway ahead of me and I ride/drive so that I can stop in what I can see to be clear, so I don't really care if they have lights on or not (but I do find reflective strips on dark-coloured objects - including Sam Browne sashes and those reflective dog leads/collars - look rather freaky and confusing).

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The more people riding like ninjas the better. It keeps motorists alert and allows me (with lights) to stand out from the crowd.

Being serious - I cannot see how people riding on public highways without lights in the dark can be defended. Unlike some of you, I live in the real world where drivers are inattentive pillocks, I will take every advantage* I can to get home safely.

* I don't wear a helmet too often and I don't wear much high vis, but I do use lights during a lot of the day time and use reflectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom