Interim CC ride - Bikes & Boats Tendring (NE Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Some nice pics there mate.
Cheers for the beer, my shout next time.
Didn't realise you wasnt joining us oin the train so sorry for not saying tata...

Nice pics again Dave - particularly like the 'beach huts and railings' ones...also the 'composition with boats' - you have a natural eye for this and need to get drawing!
Not sure about Tim H's rear view (but hey! who is?) and Chris and Ian's 'promenade en velo' is a warm seaside view!
On yacf - I think it is in delthebike's selection, there is a good portrait of Tim O and an ice cream.
I watched cricket. :evil:

Tim Hall

(also posted across the way)

Excellent breakfast at the station, served by a Bright Young Thing.

A good start by the Hall tandem when I discovered midweek fettling had meant I'd threaded the chain wrongly, so that Mrs. Hall couldn't put any effort in and had to pedal backwards just to keep feet on the pedals. Oops. With that fixed we whizzed on.

Random highlights:

Moondog. 70. Yeah right. These pensioners, like policeman, they're looking younger every day.

Cycleman. Top bloke. Mrs. Hall wondered why he was laden down like a packhorse.That's because he kipped the night in a ditch.

The sea at Clacton is wet, cold and salty. Pippa declining to treat it as an open water training swim.

The post lunch CIHAGM session. Blimey, those Trices go.

Watching Ian clean his bike midride.

Cakes at Great Bentley.

Chocolate at Great Bentley.

Beer at Great Bentley.

Fiddling with Pippa's tool and learning she's watched videos on the internet. Hmm.

The outdoor karaoke, sung loudly and flat. Nice.

61km/h on the hill back into Manningtree.

Photos are here

Thanks Aunty H, Wow and everyone for organising it.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Thankyou Auntie Helen for a great day out.
And thankyou ChrisKH for showing me what a talced tube looks like.:thumbsup:.
Too many memories and laughs i cant put them in order.It was very nice to meet y'all.

When Auntie Helen says she's having a ride, you drop everything and get down to Manningtree.:blush:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Ian's ridden the trike plenty of times - he's probably done cumulatively close to 10 miles in it now. Although James's was probably a bit more comfy as it has a better boom length for a chap's legs.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Weird? How could anyone find a trike weird?

It's those two-wheeled contraptions with little triangular platforms where the seat should be that are weird!

Top Bottom