Interim CC ride - Bikes & Boats Tendring (NE Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
..well it's only a vague future plan but I thought the genius Garmin mount thingie would rather lend itself to a cupholder for a nice thermos of tea - that is, on the other side of the trike.

Nah, I don't really have any engineering challenges. I will be interested, if Ben is able to come, to compare his and my suspension hinges to see if his squeaks as irritatingly as mine!

Good luck with the chicken run. I have a very persistent dog and it would be decidedly tricky to build a Lucy-proof chicken run without resorting to lots of volts.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Auntie Helen said:
Sittingduck, fear not, but I hope you can make it. P'raps you can text me tomorrow morning to let me know if you're on your way.

I'll decide one way or the other this evening and post here to confirm.

Thx

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
No squeaks on mine.

After it handled the LEJOG so well, I treated it to a few upgrades:
- new rear wheel & cassette
- new front rings to suit (I now have a range of 17-112 gear-inches!)
- parking-brake (those velcro straps drove me nuts)
- 1.35" tyres to replace the 1.75" ones
- new rear mudguard to replace the rattly QR one

stevevw

Guru
I did think of hitching the wire to the mains supply, would keep the dogs out but probably fry the chickens too ;)

Get hold of either silicone grease or a silicone spray and coat the urethane suspension block, that should stop the squeaks. The same thing happens on VW Beetles front trailing arms when you upgrade to urethane bushings.

ChrisKH

Guru
Can I ask if anyone is seriously considering riding home westwards tomorrow towards SE Essex, London and Kent? I'm game, but want to know if there are any others. Sig I know you mooted it a couple of weeks ago? Otherwise I will pack differently and possibly change bikes.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Weather forecast now looking MUCH more favourable, with no rain from 7am and sunny intervals all day.

Don't forget your swimming cossies!

Looks like it won't be desperately warm, however, so Delthebike and I may not have much opportunity to continue our suntanned feet competition.

ChrisKH

Guru
Well it's not an issue for me, but I suspect it would be for Sig as she has further to go. The alternative is to cycle somewhere inbetween (Chelmsford? Wickford?) and take the train from there I suppose. More cost though of course and it might be cheaper to just get a return ticket and take it easy tomorrow. I'm flexible, whatever.

Sig SilverPrinter

I'll buy a return ticket as its only a few pounds more than single then can decide at the end
also don't really fancy riding last bit on my own although Topcat may ride back.
i didn't think we would be back at manningtree as late as helen thinks,if we have return tickets we could ride part the way back and get on train somewhere, anyway lots of options ,see you tomorrow.

i have baked cake but must do a taste test first to see whether its good enough:biggrin:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Definites
Auntie Helen
ChrisKH
Cycleman
Delthebike
FatBloke
Handbag