Interim CC ride - Bikes & Boats Tendring (NE Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yes, I had that thought. It's a tiny boat, too, with rather old standing rigging.

Still I'm sure he'll be keen to be back in time for tomorrow's Trice Convoy around NE Essex. Plus we are probably having Delthebike's recumbent bike, as well as two tandems. Should provide great amusement for the locals!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Metcheck Harwich (for sailors) has the wind not so bad tomorrow:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOBBIES/inshore_forecast.asp?locationID=1041

And the Met Office Inshore Waters Shipping forecast for tomorrow:

Wind Westerly 5 to 7, perhaps gale 8 at first, decreasing 4 or 5. Sea state Moderate. Weather Showers. Visibility Good.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
redjedi said:
But surely "not so bad" for sailors is a bit different for cyclists :ohmy:
Well I meant 'not so bad as today', which is definitely a trifle windy. Gale force 8 in a little boat ain't fun. Tomorrow has F4-5 which feels fairly normal around here on the coast. Of course, at our slow cycle path pootle speed I doubt the wind would make as much difference as it might on a zoomy ride around the Fens or whatever!

ChrisKH

Guru
Don't fancy going against that all the way home. Still with Sig or someone else in front..........:ohmy: Mouseketeer style tacking may avoid the wind, but it increases the mileage somewhat. :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
Well Chris if you and Sig need a lift home I can do that, as long as you don't mind your bikes dangling from a rack on the back of the car...

Thanks. Hopefully won't be necessary.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
By the way, Uncle James seems to be suffering a little from n+1 fever and seems to be considering buying a nice upright bike for cycle training to replace his terrible old mountain bike. He may well ask some of you chaps to let him try your bikes... and you get to use his trike in return (which has a shorter boom so will be less of a stretch for lads' legs than my one).

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well, the Babe is now in a totally good mood as I have managed to book two nights at the Swan at the end of our Suffolk Safari in August (and a night in Maldon which is nice), so we just might, just might make this one.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Still touch 'n' Go for me, grrrr!
All hangs upon if I have to show my flat to potential new flatmates. Plans on Sunday so the only time is Tomorrow - will know one way or the other by tonight... sorry for the indecision :evil:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sorry you can't make it Steve - you're probably relieved to avoid the next mechanical/engineering challenge I have for you on my Trice ;)

Sittingduck, fear not, but I hope you can make it. P'raps you can text me tomorrow morning to let me know if you're on your way.

stevevw

Guru
I have a bit of an engineering challenge of my own tomorrow. I have to build a walk in run for the new chickens and their baby sisters that are incubating now. Our last 3 where murdered by the next doors dogs so I have to make it safe for the new ones before I am allowed out to play.

Any bits you need making let me know and I will see what I can do.

Top Bottom