Interim CC ride - Bikes & Boats Tendring (NE Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Having been in the oggin after the last FNRttC, it would be rude not to this time.

(Translation: Yes, I'll be swimming. I have one of those fold up teeny weeny travel towels, that is as large as a bedsheet when unfurled)

I'm an Impossible for this one. Damaged my left wrist at work, when something a bit heavy fell on it - on the Monday after Dunwich. By Tuesday night couldn't move it and spent Wed and Thurs at docs/ hospital. (I'm convinced that the phlebotomist has a black pudding factory as a sideline - the amount of blood that was extracted...).
Just about ok now but cannot clench my fist - which is not good news for a mouseketeer emergency.
Also, it's my left hand and my brakes are all set up continental style so...
Watch out Manningtree -I'll get you soon.
(Unless, of course miraculous recovery mode kicks in, in which case "I'll catch you up" :sad: (Now, where have we heard that before?)
Have a lovely time - and make sure you look after fat Ian...don't want him marginalized now... :wacko:

ChrisKH

Guru
Aperitif said:
I'm an Impossible for this one. Damaged my left wrist at work, when something a bit heavy fell on it - on the Monday after Dunwich. By Tuesday night couldn't move it and spent Wed and Thurs at docs/ hospital. (I'm convinced that the phlebotomist has a black pudding factory as a sideline - the amount of blood that was extracted...).
Just about ok now but cannot clench my fist - which is not good news for a mouseketeer emergency.
Also, it's my left hand and my brakes are all set up continental style so...
Watch out Manningtree -I'll get you soon.
(Unless, of course miraculous recovery mode kicks in, in which case "I'll catch you up" :smile: (Now, where have we heard that before?)
Have a lovely time - and make sure you look after fat Ian...don't want him marginalized now... :biggrin:

Hope your wrist mends soon Aperitif. I suspect the phlebotomist had to re-test your blood levels having only seen the same count in TdeF riders before. :sad:

Sig will be deputising the running back and forth and silly mileage in your absence. :wacko: :sad:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
AccuWeather (which I've found by far the most accurate) currently says:

"Cloudy with a brief shower or two; winds gusting past 64 kph. Winds from the W at 33 km/h."

So windy but otherwise fine. Tomorrow's forcast will be more accurate, though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope, 'er indoors glorious bacon sarnies have been offered.
100ft over a couple of miles.... pffffffftttttttt ;)

Auntie Helen said:
Ian, Wot No Manningtree Station Breakfast???? Surely you need the 8am train man, to give you some hearty victuals before tackling Mistley Hill (about 100ft of climb over a couple of miles!!!)

ChrisKH

Guru
Ben Lovejoy said:
AccuWeather (which I've found by far the most accurate) currently says:

"Cloudy with a brief shower or two; winds gusting past 64 kph. Winds from the W at 33 km/h."

So windy but otherwise fine. Tomorrow's forcast will be more accurate, though.

Indeed. Problem is Mrs. KH keeps pointing out the chance or rain and says "You won't be going then?".

I think she thinks I might melt or something.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Definites
Auntie Helen
ChrisKH
Cycleman
Delthebike
FatBloke
Handbag
Ianrauk
Jane (YACF)
Jo (Lewisham Cyclists)
User10571
Moondog
PippaG
Tim Hall
Mrs Hall
Sig Silverprinter
TimO
Topcat1
Uncle James
William (Lewisham Cyclists)
Wowbagger
Mrs Wow

Possibles
Andrij
Aperitif
Ben Lovejoy
Chonker
Dellzeqq
Rabbitfood
Sittingduck

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, also had that cracking storm last night. Just sat in the conservatory with the lights out listening to the rain and thunder and watching the lightning... pretty amazing.

Yep, Metcheck also giving a good forcast

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
"Cloudy and breezy with a couple of showers. Winds from the WSW at 30 km/h. High 19C. Realfeel®: 18C."

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Westerly winds are from the land, not the coast, so will feel warmer.

It's only really the last part of the journey that's in a westerley direction - we will zoom from Manningtree to Walton which will be great fun!

Not so sure about ChrisKH and Sig, if they are cycling home, though...

Oh, and Uncle James has just gone off sailing in a F7-8. He thinks they may not go too far...

Top Bottom