Interim CC ride - Bikes & Boats Tendring (NE Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I will be up for this one.

I should have my new bike by then, so need as many rides as possible to make it worth it.

A full round trip will probably be called for, especially if I manage the Dun Run + return trip.

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
By the way, the ride route is being altered/enhanced with the help of Wowbagger (the chap on the last ride with the Tandem). It looks like it might now be a bit shorter (maybe nearer 40 miles than 60, but we may extend it a bit if people want more) but will include swimming in the sea at Frinton and rounders on the village green at Great Bentley.

Even forty miles plus the trip home is still pretty long. Especially in wet trunks.

Sig SilverPrinter

ChrisKH said:
Hee hee hee. Nor do we. That's the beauty of it.............;)

No, straight face now, I pretty much know the way more or less and Sig ( of silver printing and cake fame ) has a seriously large map of Essex. Last time we came home via South Woodham Ferrers and the London lot went right at the A130 intersection and went via Wickford and Billericay whilst Sig and I went left towards Benfleet. I'm sure if you get that far you could make it back to Wickford.

I'll probably be taking the train from Romford to Manningtree as I did before and getting there a little bit early to enjoy their 'Full English' before everyone sets off. Whether I cycle home depends on who is up for it (not much fun on your own) and how the knees are behaving that day. I usually set out with the intention of cycling home.
Just make sure we look at it before setting off rather than when we're lost in deepest darkest essex:biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
Tynan said:
this clashes with West Ham pre season at Cambridge ...

Pre season match's are a waste of time and money. Well they are if you are playing Cambridge, who cheated their way past us to the play off final this year. :tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
RabbitFood said:
hope you two are not going to try get lost again with me knowing your way home :smile:

It wouldn't be any fun otherwise. :ohmy: No, I'm sure we can't make the same mistakes twice. But then again. :tongue:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Right, here's where I think we are with attenders for the Cyclechat Ride/YACF WARTY. These people have all expressed an interest, do let me know if you're definitely coming!

Auntie Helen
Uncle James
ChrisKH
User3143
Ianrauk
Sig Silverprinter
Dellzeqq
Sittingduck
Topcat1
Aperitif
Rabbitfood
Chonker
Redjedi
User10571
Delthebike
Wowbagger
Mrs Wow
Emily
Dasmoth
Moondog
Tim Hall

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
It's shapin' up for a good ride already :smile: I will confirm the route with a GPS route after discussion with Wowbagger (we're going to test-ride it a week before)

So...

Definites
Auntie Helen
Ben Lovejoy
Ianrauk
User10571
PippaG
Tim Hall
Mrs Hall
Topcat1
Uncle James
Wowbagger
Mrs Wow

Possibles
Aperitif
Chonker
ChrisKH
Dasmoth
Dellzeqq
Delthebike
Emily
Katie/Her_Welshness
Mike
Mrs Mike
Moondog
Rabbitfood
Redjedi
Sig Silverprinter
Sittingduck

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am a no go, I think, sorry! Really wanted to do this one, but the lure an all day beach party with drunk young ladies in hula/grass skirts at my local mixed in with a birthday party is causing much distraction..

Sorry!

Top Bottom