Interim CC ride - Bikes & Boats Tendring (NE Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Could well be up for this one. I have the preceeding week off work and was planning some type of cycling trip. Might take the bike up to my folks in Solihull on the train & ride round the countryside for a few days (going back to the house of an evening of course). Then cycle across the country, stopping overnight on Thursday - perhaps at Cambridge. Then down to Manningtree on the Friday.

Would mean doing the ride on my hybrid laden with panniers though! Suppose I would be used to that if I do the things described in the previous paragraph.

Hmmm, will have to have a little think about it...

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sittingduck, if you wanted to dump your panniers at our place before the ride (and collect them afterwards) that could be arranged. We're 20 minutes' ride from Manningtree station.

Sittingduck said:
Could well be up for this one. I have the preceeding week off work and was planning some type of cycling trip. Might take the bike up to my folks in Solihull on the train & ride round the countryside for a few days (going back to the house of an evening of course). Then cycle across the country, stopping overnight on Thursday - perhaps at Cambridge. Then down to Manningtree on the Friday.

Would mean doing the ride on my hybrid laden with panniers though! Suppose I would be used to that if I do the things described in the previous paragraph.

Hmmm, will have to have a little think about it...

Solihull! You could ride that from Londres SiD!!!!!!!!!!(Copyright K. Oates)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Yeah know what you mean... I'm already considering getting my next bike - fixed? :angry:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Just had a conversation with Wowbagger and it seems that this ride may also turn into the WARTY for July (although that's not yet confirmed). Wowbagger commented that his plan for the July WARTY (on that date) was to visit the nudist beach on Jaywick (near Clacton)... so perhaps we could do that too ;)

For those not in the know, the WARTY is a YACF group ride (like these rides) that happens monthly; lots of us CCers go on the WARTIES so once again the lines between the fora are blurring. The only obvious difference between our rides and the WARTY is that on the WARTY we seem to stop more often for food and, usually, a pint. I shall try to strike a happy medium ground if this does also become the WARTY.

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
Just had a conversation with Wowbagger and it seems that this ride may also turn into the WARTY for July (although that's not yet confirmed). Wowbagger commented that his plan for the July WARTY (on that date) was to visit the nudist beach on Jaywick (near Clacton)... so perhaps we could do that too ;)

Time for me to adjust my shorts in public then. Quite legally. :smile:

Top Bottom