Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
How hilly would your route be?

Well that's the dilemma - I could cycle somewhere, pick a flat 10 mile route and spank it repeatedly until I average 20mph (plenty TT routes to choose from) but that wouldn't necessarily mean as much as doing it over 20-30 miles with a few hills thrown in - maybe I'm just over thinking it though.

Col5632

Guru
Well that's the dilemma - I could cycle somewhere, pick a flat 10 mile route and spank it repeatedly until I average 20mph (plenty TT routes to choose from) but that wouldn't necessarily mean as much as doing it over 20-30 miles with a few hills thrown in - maybe I'm just over thinking it though.

I think you are over thinking it, these days i'm glad to average 15mph :shy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Dunf - Alloa cycle path :laugh: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle:

[though beware the incline on the return ... :sad:]

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Not when I ride it - it's from ... well, let's talk about cycling, not civilisation

hiding.gif

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
To be fair it was pretty light this morning as I brought most of my clothes in earlier in the week, though getting under the hour with the panniers would be so much more of an achievement.
That's why I didn't say 'get rid of the panniers' :smile: ... need to keep all the variables you can influence roughly the same, apart from the weather & fitness, otherwise it doesn't count!

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Good coverage - fingers crossed they come back next year! :hyper:
(I managed to get caught by the camera twice :ohmy:)
Banana cake just out of the oven, to go on a train tomorrow, for a friend's 45 mile ride for her 45th birthday :birthday:I suspect there will be cakes galore :hungry:, and gallons of tea ...

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Good coverage - fingers crossed they come back next year! :hyper:
(I managed to get caught by the camera twice :ohmy:)
Banana cake just out of the oven, to go on a train tomorrow, for a friend's 45 mile ride for her 45th birthday :birthday:I suspect there will be cakes galore :hungry:, and gallons of tea ...

T
Where, where ??? :hyper: :hungry: :hungry: :hyper:

Top Bottom