Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
That was fun! Managed to catch the women's and men's races, met Mr & Mrs @Scoosh - who helped distribute EdFoC programmes :thumbsup:, and Mr & Mrs @Fubar! Rumours were spreading about @Rasmus having been spotted ... didn't see @Col5632 either, hope you didn't get lost in the big city ;).
Boy do those guys go fast! :ohmy::ph34r: I saw a nasty crash on the cobbles/sharp bend at the western end of the Grassmarket, a rider from Team GB going down, holding his elbow (not collar bone I thought) and limping off to the first aid car :B) ...

OOPS - P.S. And of course there was @fimm +1 !
T
Nice to see you again too, @Telemark !

Col5632

Guru
aye my attempt to catch you for May took a hammering after your rides today @Col5632 .:sad:

:bicycle::hyper: on the bike today but i am defo suffering after last night :bravo:

Fubar

Guru
That's what happens when you have no idea where you are going, although even though i got totally lost it was less than 0.5 miles of a difference :laugh:
I atleast know the best way to go to the capital now :thumbsup: well the best way to cramond :ohmy:

I bet you still didn't take the best way back to Fife ;)

Not sure if you noticed but I managed a new PB on the way to work this morning, 1:02:54 for the 18.1 miles - and that's on a tourer with rack, panniers and full mudguards ;) ;) Perfect morning for it, hardly any wind, minimum traffic and pedestrians/dogs. I have to get under the hour mark by the end of the year...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:bravo:@Fubar! You just need a slight tailwind, and chuck anything you don't REALLY need to cart out of the panniers ;).
Do report it on here when you break the hour, some of us don't keep up with FB, strava etc :smile:

T

Col5632

Guru
I bet you still didn't take the best way back to Fife ;)

Not sure if you noticed but I managed a new PB on the way to work this morning, 1:02:54 for the 18.1 miles - and that's on a tourer with rack, panniers and full mudguards ;) ;) Perfect morning for it, hardly any wind, minimum traffic and pedestrians/dogs. I have to get under the hour mark by the end of the year...

No cause i got lost :shy:

I did end up on the A90, crossed at cramond and up over by cragie's and up the steep hill :thumbsup:

Well done on the PB :thanks:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Do report it on here when you break the hour, some of us don't keep up with FB
Agreed!:thumbsup:

, strava etc :smile:

T
Heresy! :evil:

aye my attempt to catch you for May took a hammering after your rides today @Col5632 .:sad:
:bicycle::hyper: on the bike today but i am defo suffering after last night :bravo:

You're just behind me now @Col5632 (before this morning anyway) After my good start to the month, I'm now limping toward 500km for the month (should just make it as long as I can fit in about 60km tomorrow)... Anyhoo, still managing more each month than last year, so happy with that! ^_^

Col5632

Guru
You're just behind me now @Col5632 (before this morning anyway) After my good start to the month, I'm now limping toward 500km for the month (should just make it as long as I can fit in about 60km tomorrow)... Anyhoo, still managing more each month than last year, so happy with that! ^_^

I only have time for my usual 5 miles each way on a friday, no cycling on sat :cry:

Fubar

Guru
:bravo:@Fubar! You just need a slight tailwind, and chuck anything you don't REALLY need to cart out of the panniers ;).
Do report it on here when you break the hour, some of us don't keep up with FB, strava etc :smile:

T

To be fair it was pretty light this morning as I brought most of my clothes in earlier in the week, though getting under the hour with the panniers would be so much more of an achievement - I mean I could just pedal in on my Focus with no luggage and would be confident of getting under the hour, but where's the fun in that? Plus I wouldn't be able to bump up and down pavements and care not a jot (though maybe that's what did for my tyre...)

I have an aim to average 20mph on a ride over 10 miles before the end of the year, I think it's achievable (though not on the tourer!) but whether I make it or not is another matter - will report here IF I do...

Fubar

Guru
No cause i got lost :shy:

I did end up on the A90, crossed at cramond and up over by cragie's and up the steep hill :thumbsup:

Well done on the PB :thanks:

It was only after you left I thought I could have offered you a lift home, though we were parked about a 30 minute walk away so might have still knackered you.

Col5632

Guru
To be fair it was pretty light this morning as I brought most of my clothes in earlier in the week, though getting under the hour with the panniers would be so much more of an achievement - I mean I could just pedal in on my Focus with no luggage and would be confident of getting under the hour, but where's the fun in that? Plus I wouldn't be able to bump up and down pavements and care not a jot (though maybe that's what did for my tyre...)

I have an aim to average 20mph on a ride over 10 miles before the end of the year, I think it's achievable (though not on the tourer!) but whether I make it or not is another matter - will report here IF I do...

How hilly would your route be?

Top Bottom