Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Almost three hours of travel time for an hour and a bit of racing, but yeah, it was still worth it:laugh:

I did see you from across the road, but you were too busy with your program distribution to notice ^_^

Very enjoyable racing - I was surprised at how fast they went straight from the start. One guy was dropped before the first corner!

You should have cycled across, would have been faster :thumbsup: or arrived earlier, to get an extra hour of racing in, you missed the women's race!

Where were you standing?

T

Rasmus

Without a clever title
You should have cycled across, would have been faster :thumbsup: or arrived earlier, to get an extra hour of racing in, you missed the women's race!

Where were you standing?

T

I had to at least give the illusion of putting in some honest amount of work this afternoon before leaving...

I was just up the hill from Grassmarket.

Fubar

Guru
That was fun! Managed to catch the women's and men's races, met Mr & Mrs @Scoosh - who helped distribute EdFoC programmes :thumbsup:, and Mr & Mrs @Fubar! Rumours were spreading about @Rasmus having been spotted ... didn't see @Col5632 either, hope you didn't get lost in the big city ;).
Boy do those guys go fast! :ohmy::ph34r: I saw a nasty crash on the cobbles/sharp bend at the western end of the Grassmarket, a rider from Team GB going down, holding his elbow (not collar bone I thought) and limping off to the first aid car :B) ...

OOPS - P.S. And of course there was @fimm +1 !
T

Nice to see you again, chatted to @Col5632 saw @Rasmus walking past and chatted to @HJ on his trike-thingy as we walked back to the car! Fantastic night, even Mrs Fubar enjoyed herself :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ's 'trike thingy' was an Urban Arrow (and he probably wishes it was his :wub:) - but was just borrowed from Laidback Bikes, who needed some help to pedal various contraptions round the course earlier in the afternoon, as between-races 'entertainment' ... The loading 'bucket' or 'bathtub' was full of EdFoC programmes :thumbsup: - electric assist up Victoria Street :secret::laugh:.

T

Fubar

Guru
HJ's 'trike thingy' was an Urban Arrow (and he probably wishes it was his :wub:) - but was just borrowed from Laidback Bikes, who needed some help to pedal various contraptions round the course earlier in the afternoon, as between-races 'entertainment' ... The loading 'bucket' or 'bathtub' was full of EdFoC programmes :thumbsup: - electric assist up Victoria Street :secret::laugh:.

T

I walk past laid-back bikes every day, always have a good stare through the window - still wouldn't buy one though!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
First there was many...
IMG_2014052939905.jpg

Then there was few...
20140529_194934.jpg

One man prevailed!
20140529_205618.jpg

Attachments

• 20140529_193232.jpg
    20140529_193232.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I got a call at 745 to go out on the bike, back in at 11. Fun ride out back of Stirling, nothing like dusk to make you haul ass even with lights on. Tried strava chasing bridge of allan high street as had good carry down from Dunlane, but was 3 secs behind my pb :sad: got a 4th place on another segment to make up for it.

Got out frustrations of news today that new jobs now no longer based in edinburgh, stuck in fife :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
The Urban Arrow is quite useful if you don't have a car and need to shift heavy stuff
I got a call at 745 to go out on the bike, back in at 11. Fun ride out back of Stirling, nothing like dusk to make you haul ass even with lights on. Tried strava chasing bridge of allan high street as had good carry down from Dunlane, but was 3 secs behind my pb :sad: got a 4th place on another segment to make up for it.

Got out frustrations of news today that new jobs now no longer based in edinburgh, stuck in fife :sad:

Almost a night ride! :thumbsup:

Whereabouts is the new job based?

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Nothing stopping you from moving to Edinburgh and commuting over the bridge, by train or bike or mix of both, if that's what you fancy? There is no bridge toll any more, and there never was for bikes & trains :smile:

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Edinburgh to my work takes longer than where I am now to work. I just wanted to move into edinburgh and live/ work there. Being in same building is a bit of a let down, as doesn't feel like the change it should. saying that, IV two weeks off from tomorrow before I start to ride my bike and come up with a new plan

Col5632

Guru
Nice to see you again, chatted to @Col5632 saw @Rasmus walking past and chatted to @HJ on his trike-thingy as we walked back to the car! Fantastic night, even Mrs Fubar enjoyed herself :smile:

Almost never saw you, looking even thinner than last time i saw you, i chatted to @Rasmus for a bit, headed for chips and by the time i had eaten them it was time to head, got lost in edinburgh for a bit (thank god for google maps) legs are suffering but was worth it, 47 cheeky miles done today :heat:

Top Bottom