Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Telemark extra caution on the Belles rides, one on today's ride lost control of her bike, broken cheek bone, 4 stitches above one eye. She fell full face down.
Chatting and riding side by side on a path full of wet leaves is treacherous.
The morphine is helping to an extent provided i avoid the movements that cause the pain! <can't find appropriate smilie >
So many people being hurt, injured or unwell. :sad: 2014 hasn't been a good year for many people, has it? :cry:

So many people being hurt, injured or unwell. :sad: 2014 hasn't been a good year for many people, has it? :cry:
I was doing OK until I put the phone down! Actually I have no idea what it did but that was the last thing I did before turning around..... Managed over 9,000km until that point..

Fubar

Guru
:hello:where has everybody wandered off to?
It's awfully quiet in here these days :scratch:...
Maybe all out cycling? HJ and I went on a wee ride to Musselburgh to be beside the seaside for a bit, followed by tea & cake at The Tide at Portobello promenade, very nice it was, too. We then had to fix a puncture (big bit of glass) in HJ's tyre, with the most amazing sunset !

T

106k Club ride for me yesterday at 28.4kph average - legs slightly tight today. 413 miles off my 5k target for the year, will have to keep up the 100k's and fit in a couple more supplementary rides as well! Hope the weather holds...

Fubar

Guru
Almost fell on my backside this morning due to wet leaves, scary at 20mph

Cycle path or road? Roads generally safer, though lots of idiots out after 12noon yesterday.

Fubar

Guru
Cycle path heading to Hillend, the road is a bit narrow and most drivers hate you being on it

I know where you mean - take a strong primary and ignore their reactions, you will be fast down the hill and they shouldn't be overtaking there anyway, will be safer for you than going downhill fast on a slippy path. I do that on the stretch after your turn off down towards Inverkeithing until after the bends, most drivers will wait patiently.

Col5632

Guru
I know where you mean - take a strong primary and ignore their reactions, you will be fast down the hill and they shouldn't be overtaking there anyway, will be safer for you than going downhill fast on a slippy path. I do that on the stretch after your turn off down towards Inverkeithing until after the bends, most drivers will wait patiently.

I'll give it a try tomorrow (or go the long way), I've done the road once or twice before due to icy path but most people were not happy

Top Bottom