Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Thanks @Telemark - there was cake, but I went for soup and a slice of rocky road in Smithy's, Tyninghame.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn, thanks, you are so unlucky to be on the brink of 10k. I hope your recovery is speedy.

Most of my mileage this year is probably junk-mile-commute-add-on to be honest. I haven't been able to enter as many events as I'd hoped to. Being a single parent (half the time) with a full time job gets in the way!

Next year I'm aiming to do a 400k and we'll see how it goes beyond that!

The Audax National 400 is heading (far) north on the 25th June if you fancy it. Dingwall, Durness, Tongue, Helmsdale Dingwall. I'm sorely tempted, despite the massive amount of work I'll have to put in to get round it. Glorious roads with 8 controls (food at all of them) :smile:

Last edited:

Fubar

Guru
Our Belle got a broken cheek bone, 4 stitches above the eye, where the sunglasses broke, she fell face forward :sad:

Not "liked" but you know our best wishes are with her.

Fubar

Guru
Just as a "Scottish" aside I visited the parliament building for the first time yesterday as part of a work-organised event - lovely building inside, lots of breakout areas for chatting and lots of symbolism. I particularly liked the contrast between the new building and the much older Queensbury House as they butt-up against each other, and I thought the bottle shapes on the windows of the debating chamber that represent the People of Scotland particularly apt! Worth doing the tour if you are so inclined.

edindave

Über Member
The Audax National 400 is heading (far) north on the 25th June if you fancy it. Dingwall, Durness, Tongue, Helmsdale Dingwall. I'm sorely tempted, despite the massive amount of work I'll have to put in to get round it. Glorious roads with 8 controls (food at all of them) :smile:

Looks great, especially the hospitality, but I've entered the 300 on Lewis on 27th June. I've never been to that part of the country so am really looking forward to it.

I will more likely attempt a 400 much closer to home - The Auld Alliance on 8th May.

:ohmy:

(opens calendar, sees registration for Tough Mudder on 20th June.)
:surrender:

Top Bottom