Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Didn't immediately realise it was you due to the hybrid, I did think you were just going to go for it so was breaking accordingly... (done it myself at a r'bout if there is a gap to save unclipping :okay:).

Good effort!

It's amazing how quickly the fitness goes, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time till I'm back to 20 miles a day, once I get the roadie fixed that should be easier :laugh:

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
With le tour finishing on Sunday, my late afternoons are going to become more cycling friendly, if you want a cycle with me and @Louch I'm sure we can get something sorted, we've got a good loop up by the pineapple then into torwood then take Glen rd then a wee back road to Stirling...it's a good wee loop that usually only takes a couple of hours

Sounds like a plan. Been getting more miles in recently but I might slow your normal time down a bit!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
spoke on rear wheel ripped a chunk of the rim out today, totally bucking the wheel and making bike unrideable. was in rosyth so walked to inverkeithing where my train, then connection at Haymarket where sitting waiting. now searching for a new one, not ideal after needing a new car tyre last saturday :sad:

before that was a good ride with @Edwardoka , went from sunburn, to being soaked back to sunburn. hopefully his revised ride home from inverkeithing was incident free

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Bad times. How many miles into your 100 were you?

I know the feeling, the spring on my car broke on Monday and I haven't faced up to it!

spoke on rear wheel ripped a chunk of the rim out today, totally bucking the wheel and making bike unrideable. was in rosyth so walked to inverkeithing where my train, then connection at Haymarket where sitting waiting. now searching for a new one, not ideal after needing a new car tyre last saturday :sad:

before that was a good ride with @Edwardoka , went from sunburn, to being soaked back to sunburn. hopefully his revised ride home from inverkeithing was incident free
...Missed the Loch Leven Larder by a literal minute.
...Got forced into the verge on the road between Wester Balgedie and Strathmiglo by a woman with a face like Buddy Rich crossed with a baboon's arse and the attitude to match, who decided to keep driving despite the fact that there was no space for us to squeeze past each other, ignoring the fact that we were on National Cycle Network 1 and not Ignorant Asshat in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Network 1. :cursing:

Apart from that, no, nothing much of note happened - just a long slog with rain showers.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
technical question

as rear wheel died today, replacement is 80 quid....am i as well replacing the front at this point when I can get the front for only 32 quid more as part of a deal at decathlon?

Top Bottom