Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funny you should mention that.............. I think they did, but I had another pressing matter to attend to........ My new nickname " Patch" may shed some light.
15 flats in the first 19 days, before I binned the tyres and got some better ones. The blog is longggggg and boring and was only done so my nearest and dearest could keep tabs on my progress / whereabouts. But I did see a bear ! and a linx and a cougar ( she had two legs ), another story for another time.
Link please! :okay:
15 flats in 19 days :surrender:
Aside from 4 punctures in 2 days due to a tyre bead poking through, my own touring adventure was largely puncture-free. Just a shame that it ended prematurely thanks to Italian bike thieves, as it was awesome while it lasted (I should probably get round to writing an account of it at some point ;))

Ed has lots of excuses not to ride hs bike
I plain just don't want to. I dun France, Spain, and the Outer Hebrides, would you have me ride around shitty Glasgow again? YOU MONSTER.

Somebuddy

Über Member
Italian bike thieves
Whoa...! Nightmare scenario. Sorry to hear that.
Eh France, Spain, Hebrides.......Italian bike thieves.....eh were they travelling or is there something you're no telling? Maybe Spain, France, Italy....... Sounds cool. except for the thievey bit. I am working on a Berlin to Amsterdam / Home kind o' tour. Well I was doing until I got dragged screaming into the Alaska Tour with some septuagenarians. Alaska my friends is uphill, and these American / Canadian friends of mine are amazing ( for their age ) ........ oh!

Whoa...! Nightmare scenario. Sorry to hear that.
Eh France, Spain, Hebrides.......Italian bike thieves.....eh were they travelling or is there something you're no telling? Maybe Spain, France, Italy....... Sounds cool. except for the thievey bit. I am working on a Berlin to Amsterdam / Home kind o' tour. Well I was doing until I got dragged screaming into the Alaska Tour with some septuagenarians. Alaska my friends is uphill, and these American / Canadian friends of mine are amazing ( for their age ) ........ oh!
I wasn't in Italy for long enough to suggest that I did it, it was less than 24 hours after I crossed the border that it got nicked :sad:
Rough guesstimate of the route I took: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14715152
(only rough because the Garmin got nicked with the bike as well :ninja:)

I certainly plan on going back and resuming from where I left off but need to save up again (and spec and source a new bike... and passport)
So where's your ride report? I'm desperate to read about your Yukon exploits!

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I plain just don't want to. I dun France, Spain, and the Outer Hebrides, would you have me ride around shitty Glasgow again? YOU MONSTER.
You cancelled on me for the finest 56 miles This country has, and I had even packed a spare inner tube and tyre levers to gift you. I ain't the monster here

Fubar

Guru
Too good a day to waste so I went for a spin around the Forth, over the Kincardine and back across the Forth road. Grinning like the happiest man on Earth going over the Forth bridge. Stopped in Linlithgow for a can of Irn Bru.
https://www.strava.com/activities/678154554
View attachment 139938

Looks familiar...
image.jpeg

Somebuddy

Über Member
So where's your ride report? I'm desperate to read about your Yukon exploits!

Ok Ed, you have it. I'm just populating my blog with a few more photos and then I'll let you take a look.
On Italy.......I'm wondering whether you took out touring insurance or were you covered by home insurance or not. I'm not trying to bring back painful memories, I just wanted to know what others do when touring.

Last edited:
Ok Ed, you have it. I'm just populating my blog with a few more photos and then I'll let you take a look.
On Italy.......I'm wondering whether you took out touring insurance or were you covered by home insurance or not. I'm not trying to bring back painful memories, I just wanted to know what others do when touring.
Not at all, it's a valid question. I gave up my house to go on tour so was no longer covered by home insurance.
I was running around like a blue-arsed fly in the days leading up to the tour, I intended to get touring insurance on the road, but didn't get round to it.
I think it's moot as I doubt that any insurer would have paid out given the circumstances. (Left bike unlocked outside shop for 5 mins to go buy water. No problem doing that across the entirety of France or Spain. But those weren't on the Med coast. I'm an idiot.)

Col5632

Guru
Good luck for tomorrow Colin!!!
Yes, it's been a lovely two days, I have been off work, spent all my time in the garden :biggrin:

Thanks Pat

Good Luck Col.

The good news is I passed and my interview is 11th October.

I swear I there was your double there yesterday @Louch, wasn't as fit as you though as he was the only man to fail the test at level 3

Top Bottom