Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Congratulations Young Col, now go and smash the interview!

Spookily, that was my date of joining (one that you never forget, as you need to put it on holiday application forms throughout your service). Was 1982 really 34 years ago? :ohmy:
Good luck with the rest of the recruitment process, @Col5632 .

Turns out its actually the 19th which is also spooky as that's the same date I failed my interview last year

Brandane

Legendary Member

Turns out its actually the 19th which is also spooky as that's the same date I failed my interview last year
You'll be better prepared this time though! I believe the process is much tougher than it was in 1982. "Two arms, two legs, over 5'10" and you can spell your own name; sign here son, here's yer uniform!"

Col5632

Guru
You'll be better prepared this time though! I believe the process is much tougher than it was in 1982. "Two arms, two legs, over 5'10" and you can spell your own name; sign here son, here's yer uniform!"

Yeah I really will.

Process now is

Application form
3 x written papers
Bleep test to pass
Interview
Assessment centre (team exercises with another interview at end of day)
Medical
Final Fitness Test

If you pass all that you have 12 weeks of training at the college with 3 more fitness tests and if you fail any of them twice you are sacked

I applied back in May and only just got my fitness yesterday and another 2 months until my interview

Col5632

Guru
Many congratulations Col! Well done!
Try to find out what they want to hear at the interview, is there maybe a policemen forum lol?
Or pm some of the policemen on here: @Cubist is a recently retired one I understand or @Hill Wimp is a current serving one, maybe they can coach you for this interview.

I have a friend who I play football with who is currently serving in Police Scotland so he will help me :smile: There is Police forum's which I am also a member of :smile:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@Col5632 it's been a very long time since I joined but one thing they will look for in your assessments is that you are a team player. One who will support and rally a team and support weaker members. I'm in London but I am pretty sure it will be the same up there. When the chips are down you need to stick together no matter what you feel personally about your colleagues.

Best of luck with your assessment and interview.

Col5632

Guru
@Col5632 it's been a very long time since I joined but one thing they will look for in your assessments is that you are a team player. One who will support and rally a team and support weaker members. I'm in London but I am pretty sure it will be the same up there. When the chips are down you need to stick together no matter what you feel personally about your colleagues.

Best of luck with your assessment and interview.

Thank you ^_^

Yeah team working is something they really focus on but they really want to see what you bring to the team, I had the interview last October and due to panic and lack of prep I failed it but I'm hoping this time to get my answers better prepared and be a good bit more calm this time :eek:

Top Bottom