Is it getting worse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
To be fair I am on the road at 5.30am :tired:
And because I don't reset the Garmin until after I get home it counts as one ride 'with a 12+ hour gap in the middle' which I have to fast forward through ^_^
But doesn't it count all the people who pass in that 12 hours too!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not every cyclist is on Strava then! :ohmy:
Joking aside, I guess some don't record the daily commute, only the longer rides.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not every cyclist is on Strava then! :ohmy:
Joking aside, I guess some don't record the daily commute, only the longer rides.
But when I've left it running its recorded those who passed during that time, even with about 10 or 20% using Strava you would still get some passing you!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
But when I've left it running its recorded those who passed during that time, even with about 10 or 20% using Strava you would still get some passing you!
Aye, 2, as I said :smile:
Today I left home at 9am, saw one cyclist in the first 3 miles. gets busier (3 is a crowd!) on reaching town. Told you, it's the sticks here :laugh:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I'll try and get some videos up. Some junctions are more than 3x the amount of cyclists to motorists.

Don't ride CS7 any more, I'm a CS8 man these days, on both trips :smile:
I did go the Dirty South way home last night though as The Embankment was dbl scr*wed due to Boris master plan roadworks AND HRH Whatsherface's opening of Parliament. I prefer 8 over 7, these days - able to get up a better head of steam and hold it for longer.

There can be a crazy amount of riders on Gaz's commute route - particularly at peak rush hour. Good fun... usually! Increased numbers have definitely helped to force drivers to be more used to having to share the roads with us. Obviously you get a few asshats but I think you always will.

I sometimes look at flyby for the morning ride in and there seem to be a lot who use Strava now, I wonder when it will be the majority of riders? Here is Today's episode - you can ignore my loop-the-loop error at Lambeth Bridge RAB... was expecting the road to be closed further up still but they have shifted the closure further down this morning - threw me a curveball.

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer...ity_header#313343364,MQmtEiYNrRKBDq0SahqtEg==

I've had marks left on my jerseys by wing mirrors hitting me recently. I went to tear the head off of a muppet in an MPV, who nudged me at a set of lights in Woking last week. The lights changed just as I got to his window.

OP
OP
cd365

cd365

Guru
I've had marks left on my jerseys by wing mirrors hitting me recently. I went to tear the head off of a muppet in an MPV, who nudged me at a set of lights in Woking last week. The lights changed just as I got to his window.
Was he doing the I'm not looking at you/can't see you trick. I've had this done a couple of times recently as I was berating them.

Top Bottom