Is SC&P worth it?

Is it worth it

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
[QUOTE 4488368, member: 43827"]Cyclechat's version of homes under the hammer.[/QUOTE]
A nice place with the smell of the countryside in SE Buckinghamshire?

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Eight pages on whether a sub forum no one has to visit should exist or not.

Jeez.
and not a single vote.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think it's OK. Some of the threads have changed my views, not a lot, but in a worthwhile way. The best bit is watching some of the more misanthropic posters (Right and Left wing) making utter tits of themselves. Priceless!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

There's only one forum I never read; commuting. have the arguments stopped in there yet?
There's a forum called commuting? Do members have to post daily or they are not classed as full members?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I had a go in SC&P a while back. I went in there with an open mind and some opinions. After a few weeks it became clear to me at least that most posters were not of a similar open mind to different opinions. Some were, but most were not

That was the only reason for me to visit there. Open discussion with people who are willing to listen to differing points of view. Unfortunately I came to the conclusion that most were not of a similar disposition so I don't bother now. Actually I do very occasionally bother if I see a thread on the forum summary board that I am particularly interested in or I know a lot about. Other than that I give it a miss

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I had a go in SC&P a while back. I went in there with an open mind and some opinions. After a few weeks it became clear to me at least that most posters were not of a similar open mind to different opinions. Some were, but most were not

That was the only reason for me to visit there. Open discussion with people who are willing to listen to differing points of view. Unfortunately I came to the conclusion that most were not of a similar disposition so I don't bother now. Actually I do very occasionally bother if I see a thread on the forum summary board that I am particularly interested in or I know a lot about. Other than that I give it a miss
That is the problem with SC&P as far as I can see: people say something with goodwill and in a sincere way but woe betide them if it offends the group think of some of the regulars (and for the sake of balance I'll include myself in that). It's not the disagreeing but rather the unpleasant terms in which the disagreement is couched. And while I note @Flying_Monkey 's observations that it is civilised relative to other places, I can see no reason to not try to eliminate the unpleasantness altogether.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Quite a lot of this cropping up on this thread ....

Screenshot_20160929-135441.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

That I believe is your decision, but will you see that I believe it is, Oh no I have a dilemma now, what do I do if you don't see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom