Is SC&P worth it?

Is it worth it

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
[QUOTE 4489584, member: 43827"]The group of around a dozen people I drink with regularly include about 60% left wing and 40% right wing, including two who like UKIP and a couple of Plaid supporters. Very interesting after a few pints, but no fisticuffs to date, and all forgotten by next session. As you say, more informative than just sticking with clones.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I like your sticking with clones reference.

If we all did that we'ed learn nothing.

It seems that there are far too many safe-space snowflake clones these days. I say hang-em and flog-em :crazy:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
one thing I will say - the SCPR regulars can ride a bike. I've seen a fair few of them, perhaps fifteen or so, on two wheels, and some of them are pretty darn good. I'll not embarrass him, but one of the wisest, oldest heads was seen only this morning (and the morning before that) undertaking his fourteen mile commute on a dutch bike that weighs somewhere north of 30 pounds. Now, despite years of advertising, I can count the Cafe riders I've seen on a bike on the fingers of one finger.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 4489653, member: 259"]Despite years of advertising what?[/QUOTE]
my case rests..............there's a whole section of this esteemed forum devoted to rides.

I can think of several reasons for that, apart from the implied one that they don't ride bikes as much/as well.
Yep. Like living in different parts of the country. Funny how people would in the main rather cycle locally than travel for hours to go for a ride.
(Apart from me going to Kent, but I have a vested interest and get bribed with beer and cats!)

This is getting kind of embarrassing nite.
It's going nowhere as it was always bound to.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yep. Like living in different parts of the country. Funny how people would in the main rather cycle locally than travel for hours to go for a ride.
(Apart from me going to Kent, but I have a vested interest and get bribed with beer and cats!)
I've been on quite a few of the "CC Écosse" rides, and funnily enough I don't remember seeing any of the SC&P mob there. Most if not all were café dwellers, therefore I can only come to the conclusion that café posters cycle more than SC&P posters do, going by another's logic :wacko:.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
My response was intended to suggest that you do what you did and check. The fact of the matter is that Jonny does have a bee in his bonnet about this sub-board, coupled with a controlling nature.
People often go on about how unfriendly or aggressive SC&P is but the only place I can recall seeing anyone post about the idea of killing another forum member is in the Tea thread. Perhaps a bit of perspective here?

The only reason I can see for your suggestion though, is to seek to undermine the OP's position by trying to show him as an isolated individual with his own axe to grind, but regardless of his personal motivation and agenda (I don't know @jonny jeez so I make no such aspersions about him), the responses from people who say they see things similarly to him, and those who additionally say they steer clear of SC&P because of the antics of certain posters, plus my own observations that accord with them, tend to strengthen his position more than him being one of only a couple or so authors of similar threads weakens it - in my opinion o course, as I know you will differ.

As for the Tea thread, I have only had a brief look there following your mention of it above. I didn't see any aggression between members, but admittedly I haven't seen much of it. But that is a red herring, whether the Tea thread is better or worse than SC&P doesn't alter anything about the discussions specifically relating to SC&P. That is my perspective.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Oh for goodness sake, read the whole exchange. Roubaix Cube's post was a disgusting (IMO) rant suggesting that people should be executed to make room in prisons. He knew it would be controversial; read his own footnote. I used his own reasoning in response to express my disgust for his fascist views, which I and many others despise. The benchmark was set extremely low by him - it wasn't a debate, it was him posturing either because he thinks it makes him look tough or because he thinks it's funny. I've met him - he's neither.

All according to you, usual hyerbole (fascist - eh?) and another insult thrown in for good measure.

As usual, your posts tell us little about what you think about the topic, but a lot about your opinion of the poster.

No worries, we've just got different ideas about what constitutes a discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
one thing I will say - the SCPR regulars can ride a bike. I've seen a fair few of them, perhaps fifteen or so, on two wheels, and some of them are pretty darn good. I'll not embarrass him, but one of the wisest, oldest heads was seen only this morning (and the morning before that) undertaking his fourteen mile commute on a dutch bike that weighs somewhere north of 30 pounds. Now, despite years of advertising, I can count the Cafe riders I've seen on a bike on the fingers of one finger.
Del, could it be the very presence of some of the SC&P members that turns riders away from joining in.

I have Joined a number of the advertised rides and I can count the number of SC&P members that I have subsequently seen riding elsewhere on the fingers of one hand.

that means as little as your comment does.

I am pretty sure that being a member of a sub forum does not make you a better cyclist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom