Is someone at Google having a laugh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely the joke would be lost on somebody from, say, Japan?
I assume it's based on which google you visit.

as an example, here is anagram on the Japanese google site. Joke missing :sad:. Recursion joke still works, because that's logic not a word joke.

Title_24.jpg

blazed

220lb+
Because most people do care.

Society works because we all try not to offend each other unnecessarily. Some people don't, they tend to end up in jail or as CEOs.

Being offended is a personal choice, something you should deal with yourself. If you get offended, that is your problem. Don't put it on someone else to try and unoffend you.

People act like if someone has offended them, because they are offended, they are in the right, and they have the moral high ground.

Being offended is a personal choice, something you should deal with yourself. If you get offended, that is your problem. Don't put it on someone else to try and unoffend you.

People act like if someone has offended them, because they are offended, they are in the right, and they have the moral high ground.
I disagree. I care if I have offended someone. So do most other people. I consider if what I say might be offensive, to whom and why. Then I decide if the value in what I have to say might be worth the offence. Then I speak or not as I chose. For example, I generally would try not to offend someone I like, or whose company I enjoy, or whom I have a relationship with that I do not want to sever or whom offending would put me at a disadvantage. I also try not to cause offence to anyone else with a good reason.

Wondering if what I say might offend someone can introduce me to a new idea. It's hard to be racist if you really think about it from the point of view of the person you might offend by uttering a racist remark.

I also generally stay away from people I find offensive. If they are someone I like, I will probably speak my offence rather than just staying away from them. If they cannot or choose not to change, then I will have to stay away from them. If they can moderate their speech, then we can probably remain friends. That's their choice.

blazed

220lb+
I disagree. I care if I have offended someone. So do most other people. I consider if what I say might be offensive, to whom and why. Then I decide if the value in what I have to say might be worth the offence. Then I speak or not as I chose. For example, I generally would try not to offend someone I like, or whose company I enjoy, or whom I have a relationship with that I do not want to sever or whom offending would put me at a disadvantage. I also try not to cause offence to anyone else with a good reason.

Wondering if what I say might offend someone can introduce me to a new idea. It's hard to be racist if you really think about it from the point of view of the person you might offend by uttering a racist remark.

I also generally stay away from people I find offensive. If they are someone I like, I will probably speak my offence rather than just staying away from them. If they cannot or choose not to change, then I will have to stay away from them. If they can moderate their speech, then we can probably remain friends. That's their choice.
And in none of all that do you ever consider the possibility that it is you who has the problem by getting offended?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I was just correcting myself on this instance and have nothing to apologise for.
What about @snorri's ancestors in Dunkirk then?
You get mighty offended by Google's randomness, then in turn you offend @snorri, who you know more "personally" through the forum then Google knows you!
Springs to mind that time when I was on a ride, a "tartan ride" :biggrin: with, among others, a French man. We were many, plenty of tartan accessories, plenty of foreign riders, mostly students from Glasgow Uni.
A passer by asks me what was going on, so I tell him, the passerby laughs "wot, a tartan ride with a Polish??? :laugh: I am not Polish, but that's irrelevant ^_^
So I explain to him about the many nations present, Italian, Spanish, Chinese ... shoot me, I'd forgotten the French ... "What about the French? Don't forget the French!!! He urges .... yeah, yeah, and the French of course! :rolleyes:
Stereotypes, eh?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Let's not forget though, that the English would have taken France, had Henry V not died of the squits.

by "the English", taking France, don't you mean one set of French nobles based in England, fighting another set based in France

Top Bottom