It's Christmas!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm hoping to do a steady 100mi on Christmas Day :smile:
I won't get that in but I may get a quick 15 miles before they all get up and start demanding food lol

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Christmas does not happen in out house.

Mrs Aud works, i hate it, we dont do xmas trees and tinsel cr@p.

Its just another day for us.
Ahhhhh...............glad it's not just me then! :laugh: Nothing but bloomin expense. Folks getting stressed and spending too much on stuff that the recipients don't even like half the time. I think we should all keep our money and buy ourselves something nice.

Nothing more boring than the guaranteed complaints about Christmas starting early. Lots of people need to organise things well in advance.

Shock horror they start advertising summer holidays in January.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Ahhhhh...............glad it's not just me then! :laugh: Nothing but bloomin expense. Folks getting stressed and spending too much on stuff that the recipients don't even like half the time. I think we should all keep our money and buy ourselves something nice.
I like getting perfume and new slippers but have told them all just to buy me vouchers for a bike shop then I can get stuff I need, as well as want :smile:

toeknee

Über Member
image.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm in! I started wearing my Family Guy Chrisrmas T Shirt last night.

I will start writing my Christmas list shortly, which everyone will ignore again and buy me a bunch of crap that I hate (unless I get another FG T Shirt).

The thing is to drink a lot, look forward to snow and the ski season, and singing old songs.

Anyone not doing Christmas is just admitting defeat.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I enjoy Christmas. The day itself is devoted to frivolity and fun. It's my favourite day. May blizzards descend upon the misery guts and their central heating boilers fail on the great day.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nothing more boring than the guaranteed complaints about Christmas starting early. Lots of people need to organise things well in advance.

Shock horror they start advertising summer holidays in January.
They've started this month for Spain next year!

Ganymede

Veteran
I have the biggest house and the biggest oven in my family so I get a lot of them coming to me. I used to be innovative but now it's a big (local, free-range) turkey with trimmings enough to feed everyone, plenty of booze, tea, cake and chat. @0-markymark-0 is right that we need to prepare, but for me it's only random present-buying until about 15 December, when the need to check over the fairy lights and order stuff kicks in.

I do try to organise, from about now, who is staying where and eating in whose house, as that is good to get settled, with all our elderly rellies needing to be accounted for.

Those year-round Christmas shops are just weird, and nobody needs tinsel in October.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I hate Christmas and everything about it, I hate the time of year, the weather, the expectation, the food, the sense of entitlement kids have, the fake bonhomie, the decorations, I hate how busy everyone is, getting ready for it, I hate the traffic on the roads at that time of year, the TV, the relentless feckin adverts, the same old feckin Christmas songs on the radio time and time again. I hate how Christmas stuff is in the shops earlier and earlier. Gah, it's not even here yet and I'm dreading it. And I really loathe turkey, bah, a time of celebration and the best thing they could come up with for a celebration meal is to roast some dried up old bird, that tastes so bland they have to cover it with gravy, and serve it with some jam.

Most of all I hate how much I hate it.

Top Bottom