It's Christmas!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
One of the few good things about Christmas is being able to listen to the wonderful Bob Dylan Christmas in the Heart album :smile:
Yep! It got the first play of the season the other day.

As OH is out tonight and the nights have drawn in, it'll probably be on the stereo from about 6pm

Nitram55

Slow hill cimber
I saw a Christmas tree in some ones house 3 days ago :crazy:

Julia9054

Guru
When I was a kid we always used to put up the tree and decorations on Christmas eve. It seemed traditional at the time, but with hindsight it probably had more to do with the possibility of getting a tree on the cheap.

Steve
And it works. Got a massive tree for £5 last year. I'm a teacher and the deccies don't go up until term ends however late that is.
If it was up to me, I'd ignore the whole thing and go skiing.

Ganymede

Veteran
And it works. Got a massive tree for £5 last year. I'm a teacher and the deccies don't go up until term ends however late that is.
If it was up to me, I'd ignore the whole thing and go skiing.
I've noticed our trees don't last so well as they did in the past, as they've probably been cut for quite a long time before we buy them in the week before Christmas. They don't seem any cheaper though!

I'll be away working for a month over the period, so I've already started my preparations as I've volunteered to be Santa on the ship. The preparation being not shaving and eating chocolate biscuits, so I can be fully prepared with beard and belly. Red boilersuit and I'm done.

At home we found the perfect Christmas dinner was bacon sandwiches when the kids were younger and just carried the tradition on. They were always more interested in presents than eating, and we were more interested in being with them than spending hours cooking something nobody was that bothered about. Then off to parents for more presents and some sort of buffet thing.
We do the turkey thing on Christmas Eve instead.

OP
OP
S.Giles

S.Giles

I actually like spending Christmas day on my own if I can manage to avoid company. It was easy last year because the people I share a house with went to Germany for a week. I just relax and do what I want, letting others endure all that festive nonsense on my behalf!

Steve

classic33

Leg End Member
I actually like spending Christmas day on my own if I can manage to avoid company. It was easy last year because the people I share a house with went to Germany for a week. I just relax and do what I want, letting others endure all that festive nonsense on my behalf!

Steve
Watching The Sound of Music, whilst singing along with no-one to interrupt you!

Top Bottom