I've been reprimanded by the police!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I presume Pat "5mph" was standing in a public location where photographs could be taken without having to resort to long lenses or other invasive practices therefore, within the UK, no permission (model release) is required for the resultant images to be used providing the use in not in a defamatory way.
Slight difference in Scottish Law, as opposed to English Law.

U

User33236

Slight difference in Scottish Law, as opposed to English Law.
In what way? (Genuinely curious)

markharry66

Über Member
Okay open the debate for safety. If you want to discuss helmets for cycling. Then lets also discuss Driving. The two are not separate unless of course you are just looking at picking on cyclists. Normal waste of time money and excuses.

Leaway2

Lycrist
New hi-viz for you @Pat "5mph"
naughty.jpg

Col5632

Guru
I wear a bright yellow jacket, bright white helmet and lights and folk still don't see me so what they hell would he say to me? Can't believe he tried the no helmet debate with you, it's not law so why say it, does seem like it was just an operation and possibly a way of making money.

Least if i make it that far @Pat "5mph" i won't be so bad at the job :cycle:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wear a bright yellow jacket, bright white helmet and lights and folk still don't see me so what they hell would he say to me? Can't believe he tried the no helmet debate with you, it's not law so why say it, does seem like it was just an operation and possibly a way of making money.

Least if i make it that far @Pat "5mph" i won't be so bad at the job :cycle:
I really don't know what we would have to wear to be honest Colin. I was going along a quiet country road this morning and could see one of your pals, a postie van edging out of a side road looking beyond me at the road behind me but oblivious to me. I was wearing this jacket!
e01b688de9d7361fb3fd30a8199eba2e.jpg

I slowed right down and kept staring at him until he eventually made eye contact at the last minute and grinned sheepishly and waited until I was past.

LetMeEatCake

I think this must be an annual exercise in Glasgow - I got stopped by them last year near the university, but haven't spotted them on my route this year. Or maybe I'm now such a perfect cycling citizen they let me pass, a shining example to others! :tongue:

I can't decide if it's a good idea or not though. On the one hand, it was a decidedly annoying encounter - the chap that spoke to me was fairly condescending, and debate was, erm, discouraged. The focus on helmets / hiviz just seems daft to me - how about advice to stay out of the door zone and to watch out for left turning HGVs? On the other hand, the start of the uni term does see the appearance of a lot of student types out on bikes, and perhaps it might encourage a couple of them to get some lights?

Top Bottom