England : London L2B Veteran Car Run; Sunday 2 November 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

On my way to work, I got some practice in for this ride
20141031091314_zpsa17tchyt.jpg
There was a recipe for them in last Saturday's Guardian. I feel a bit of baking coming on.

Tim Hall

Couldn't see it mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but be aware that the Crawley stop is at the Honda delearship, near B&Q and just after you leave the A23. The route then turns left just before the High Street, past the town hall, then right at the college and then onto Southgate Avenue. This means a bit of a trek to get Portuguese goodness.

Dangis

Hello,
having been out of the CycleChat ride loop for a couple of years I am grateful you are still going strong as ever.
Where in East Croydon is the meeting place?
Rain or snow, see you there. Folks in the old cars probably have a harder time staying warm without physical activity.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Be aware when stopping at traffic lights most of the veteran cars have dodgy brakes and may not stop

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Forecast not good - especially the winds in Brighton, so I am unlikely to be there. What a pity after the wonderful weather we have had: yesterday would have been perfect for the ride!

rb58

Enigma
I'm also wavering, seeing as the forecast has worsened during the day. If I'm not at East Croydon by 8.00am, don't wait for me.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Me and 2 x Pauls will take a rain-check later tonight. They are local, but I'm not. Right now I'm preparing as if to go ....
Plan is that I'll set the alarm early and drive down to sarf lundun in the small hours ... because ....

THIS JUST MIGHT BE EPIC - AND NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!

... and it might be my last stupid big ride of the year. Also, the alternative is DIY.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Grim forecast (oh, lovely, an epic headwind for the ride home)....and a rail replacement service on the Brighton line to boot. Nope, I won't be going.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yep, I'm still in. Will get to East Croydon for 8ish, unless it's really pissing it down in the morning and make a decision from there and plenty of bailout points en route. Still got the cold so what can rain do.

If everyone's dropping out then that's another matter.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Fark it!
The bike's loaded into the car, the kit's ready by the bed. Just need to set the alarm for buggerit O'clock ....
I'm in.

Adrian, you will have a pm.
That's the spirit FF! Plan to get down all the way...

We can all get drenched in solidarity:laugh:

Top Bottom