London-Edinburgh-London 2013: The thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

[QUOTE 2570519, member: 30090"]Hope it's down to a clerical error that Redflightuk has not checked into St Ives.[/quote]

Maybe a compooter glitch or somesuch. Hope so.

Is there are non obligatory non-control cakestop bewteen the start at St Ives on this year's LEL. I hope hope hope RfUK has not missed the 1st control (St Ives) thinking it wasn't compulsory.

yello

From photos on yacf, it looks like there's a decent tailwind. That's exactly what you need to lift the spirits and get the motivation fully charged.

craig kennedy

I am a geek
ok I am very new here. 43, not fat but not terribly fit, first cycle in over 20 years was 12 miles earlier this evening, I loved it, but boy were my legs jelly after.

Would I be capable of doing this? Do we do it for charity? more importantly, am I asking really stupid questions :-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ok I am very new here. 43, not fat but not terribly fit, first cycle in over 20 years was 12 miles earlier this evening, I loved it, but boy were my legs jelly after.

Would I be capable of doing this? Do we do it for charity? more importantly, am I asking really stupid questions :-)

Can you cycle 880+ miles in 114 hours?

It's run every 4 years so you have plenty of time to prepare for the next one.
It's not for charity.

frank9755

Cyclist

Yes: it started today. The next one is in four years' time!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I bought by Pug from Stevevw (rider F57), and is, I think, the only member from the lot listed above who I have met personally.
He did encourage me to do it on the Pug, but, as you can see, it hasn't happened, besides, I have surgery on Friday, so it would most likely have overlapped anyway.
I'll do it next time on the Pug Steve, next time!!

So to Steve and everyone else, GOOD LUCK!!

frank9755

Cyclist
On PBP the riders' chips sometimes didn't register when they walked over the mats, suggesting a control was missed when it wasn't. Looks like the same thing here.

Keep going, everyone!

Trickedem

Guru
I'm just having a second breakfast at Pocklington. 333kms on the clock and I've had 4 hours sleep. I've not seen Long Martin and don't expect to either, he s clearly flying!

yello

I think there might sometimes be a time/update lag or somesuch , since when I checked on PpPete around 30 minutes ago his last port of call was shown at Market Rasen at 20:54. Now he's showing Pocklington at 01:57.

Everyone seems to be going great guns! Allez allez allez!!

Top Bottom