London-Edinburgh-London 2013: The thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Wayerproof packed - but rainlegs forgotten :sad:

Don't let it bother you. Worse things in life that wet legs. I personally couldn't get on with rainlegs anyway. At least it's not your shoes! I always forget something and did once have to borrow shoes (and pedals) on an audax!

It's natural to get nervous, so don't let that worry you either. Once you're on the road then you'll be fine. I envy you in many ways. Over these next few days, LEL will be your entire life and it becomes easy to ride - because that's all there is to do! Enjoy!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
All the best to all you crazy LEL-ers! :thumbsup: :bravo:
I hope the weather coming across from France today arrives early and rains itself out before the start...:rain:

I'll be doing a couple of long shifts Monday/Tuesday at the Edinburgh control ... if you are wearing any identifiable CC kit or name plates on your person, I'll definitely say hi (suspect I'll be saying to everybody arriving anyway :wacko: :hello: ).... I'll definitely know @mcshroom (any rough idea of your ETA in Edinburgh, all going as expected?), don't think I've met any others on the list....
Try and be kind to the the volunteers, even if you are very tired, they'll probably just as tired :tired: as you are, some of them appear to be working round the clock, and we'll all be rushing round trying to make your LEL experience as good for you as we can :hugs:...

Bon voyage! :bicycle:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
As a rider I have to agree :wacko:

Now registered and sat in my hotel room. Lets get started :smile:

@Telemark - I'd guess I should be in Edinburgh mid Tuesday afternoon

:wahhey: I'll definitely be on duty from Tue lunchtime until the control closes... just don't go too fast :thumbsup:

:rain: Looks like the south of England is getting a good wash just now :ohmy:... I hope you are all somewhere dry and that any campers' tents are fully waterproof :eek:. We just had a tiny storm cell pass over - luckily I was in a shop when the heavens opened, and I only got wet from 'normal' rain on the way home, rather than having to swim. Now all clear & dry again...
Setting up the Edinburgh control tomorrow - hopefully mostly indoors ;) , as Sunday looks like a complete washout. The forecast is definitely improving lots in time for the first riders expected Monday morning.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Good luck to you all! Might come and cheer some of you on in the borders area Tuesday/Wednesday. Not sure if it is suitable for spectators anywhere in the northern areas though, as I guess you will all be well spread out?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Good luck to you all! Might come and cheer some of you on in the borders area Tuesday/Wednesday. Not sure if it is suitable for spectators anywhere in the northern areas though, as I guess you will all be well spread out?

You could always pop into the Eskdalemuir or Traquair controls on Tuesday ... who knows, they might be happy to have an extra pair of hands to help?

T

chrislov

Friends and supporters

1400km in five days on a cargo bike...

On Sunday at 1030 I start cycling and on Friday at 0730 I will stop- in between I hope to have covered 1400km and pedalled for 20 hours out of every 24hrs to Edinburgh and back (London Edinburgh London) on a cargo bike built by Harry vs Larry.

Based on a ride I did last Saturday I will be using 10,500 calories a day and cycling about 180-200 miles a day.

I am hoping to raise funds and awareness for a fantastic charity, Canine Partners, who train dogs to help people with disabilities. Their especially trained dogs can open doors, fetch items off shelves, empty the washing machine, remove socks from their owners feet as well as helping reduce isolation.

To follow my progress (tiredness and technology permitting) please take a look at my blog which is herehttps://www.facebook.com/Lelcargo (you can also see the picture of the cargo bike etc, the route etc)- you don’t need to have a Facebook page and don’t need to sign up to Facebook to see the blog

Please advertise my blog on your pages.

To sponsor me please go towww.justgiving.com/lel2013

To find out more about the work of Canine Partners please go their websitehttp://www.caninepartners.org.uk/

Many thanks and see you again in August where I might find walking (but definitely not sleeping) a little painful.

Bw

Chris

Top Bottom