London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Won't be doing my evening ride either, since they closed all the shops early Southgate after a tip off that there might be trouble.

Bluebell72

Having worked in other countries, I have seen curfews in operation.
Also water cannon used when rioters get togther and start building barricades etc.
That seems to shift them (horizontally) sharpish.

bongofury66

Go on then, try that for starters... and then shoot the f*ckers.
Having worked in other countries, I have seen curfews in operation.
Also water cannon used when rioters get togther and start building barricades etc.
That seems to shift them (horizontally) sharpish.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Will not be doing my evening ride tonight, it's happening just round the corner to us, why don't they bring in the army and let them kick shoot out of the self-gratification artists, there is no excuse for what they are doing.

+1

Looks mental !!!!

TVC

Is there no way that twitter could be shut down for a while? In the same way that phone signals can?

Thinking of anyone who is affected by these barbarians, stay safe.

Unfortunately that's the kind of stuff they tried/ are trying in Egypt, Syria, Burma etc. So whilst it sounds like a good idea on the surface, it's not the kind of thing I would like to see happen here.

I would like to see the Police respond a bit more robustly though, I fear that if they don't then individuals might take it upon themselves to protect their property and deaths could follow.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Traffic is at a standstill from Stockwell to Clapham/Brixton. I think Brixton is still half-closed due to rioting.

Fortunately, I managed to whizz past on my bike! I find it all very disturbing though. I also saw 4 police vans in "formation", sirens blazing, bombing out of Vauxhall Cross towards the Oval at abou 17.20...

Thank goodness I decided to take the scenic route home today. I can report all was quiet in Fulham, Putney and Richmond Park :smile:

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
100% right. These 'poor' people wih designer hoodies/mobiles/trainers and better bikes than I have. Absolute scum. Simply warn that anyone left in a certain radius in 5 minutes gets f*cking shot. End of. Liberalism IS the true cancer of society.
New trainers courtesy Footlocker, Brixton. Think they've all gone by now so don't bother trekking down there.........

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Greggs the bakers in Peckham is on fire - outrageous!
Is that the one that's on the C4 news at the moment? I can see a shop next to a Gregs on fire (with some poor buggers flat on top being next, I fear).
Not a fire engine in sight.
Appalling.

Update: 10:29 Fire engine now on site.

Top Bottom