London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bongofury66

Whatever the reason, if you are still staying where the action is, you are either exceedingly foolish or guilty of involvement. In these situations, even the thickest amongst us should not really become collateral damage after numerous warnings and audio and visual evidence of what is going down. If you are outside a pub and football hooliganism is going on...do you stay and watch. I don't think so. Sorry.
guilty of what?

He was trying to get home, if the "action" is outside his home he doesn't have much choice but to go there, and where does it say he's been hanging round watching, he could have just come back from work?

bongofury66

Point taken, but from what I have seen (albeit on Tv), there does seem to be plenty of time
and routes for escape given that as soon as something starts happening, if you have any sense you distance yourself. [QUOTE 1498975"]
I take it you've never been in the middle of a demo gone bad or a riot? Once the Police cordon goes up then that is it - no one in and no one out.
[/quote]

bongofury66

Oh come on.[quote name='What's that clunking?' timestamp='1312831820' post='1789637']
He was trying to get home, if the "action" is outside his home he doesn't have much choice but to go there, and where does it say he's been hanging round watching, he could have just come back from work?
[/quote]

Bluebell72

I feel great empathy for those whose homes have been damaged or destroyed, and all the shops and businesses.
People are already struggling massively because of the recession, how do you get back from something like this?

I believe that insurance doesn't cover rioting, by the way.

bongofury66

Ok. You are right. I am just sick of seeing smirking youths on mobile phones still there thinking that it is exciting and funny that their own community is being damaged. Sadly, there will always be some innocents harmed in these events. I still stick by the point that if you have the ability to quit the scene, you do.:wacko: [quote name='What's that clunking?' timestamp='1312833332' post='1789689']
Sorry, but from the tiny snippet of information given I can't see how it can be assumed he is guilty of anything, there could be any number of legitimate reasons for him being there or he could be involved, but not being there it's not really for us to say.
[/quote]

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Point taken, but from what I have seen (albeit on Tv), there does seem to be plenty of time
and routes for escape given that as soon as something starts happening, if you have any sense you distance yourself.
so not so guilty, then......phew! For a second I feared for trial by jury and all that good stuff!

Apropos of not very much, there's a furniture store on fire in Croydon. Now it's one heck of a blaze. Terrifying. I thought furniture was designed not to go up like that.

so not so guilty, then......phew! For a second I feared for trial by jury and all that good stuff!

Apropos of not very much, there's a furniture store on fire in Croydon. Now it's one heck of a blaze. Terrifying. I thought furniture was designed not to go up like that.

3 Fire Engines were damaged last night night and put off the road by scum. Lets hope they all stay safe tonight.

Flyingfox

All I can say is that I'm glad to be home, it was bl**dy scary walking from Lewisham station to where I live. Mobs of kids everywhere, riot police blocking off the High Street, cars on fire. Never once have I been scared like I was tonight.

Meanwhile the parents of the kids are probably at home not caring or taking any responsibility for what their kids get up to, and blaming the rest of society for the situation!

bongofury66

You are right...and I do care about all the innocent uninvolved folks just going about their normal day ...ie the majority. It is easy for us who are remote from it to fully understand how terrifying and frustrating it must be. So, as a reasonable and decent person,once you were safely home, would you go out and hang around where the action was?
All I can say is that I'm glad to be home, it was bl**dy scary walking from Lewisham station to where I live. Mobs of kids everywhere, riot police blocking off the High Street, cars on fire. Never once have I been scared like I was tonight.

Meanwhile the parents of the kids are probably at home not caring or taking any responsibility for what their kids get up to, and blaming the rest of society for the situation!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Some of the people here seem to be unaware that they are being suckered. Sure, you can rant about rioters all you like, but it's not the rioters who are ****ing the planet and the economy all at once. There are rather bigger things to be annoyed about, and these riots are just symptoms, they are not the deeper problem.

Top Bottom