London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The ironic thing about the fire in Croydon is that the fire station is on the other side road.

The furniture store on reeves corner which is on fire is not right next to evans. Is there another fire by west croydon station?
you're right, I'm wrong. They were talking about the Fox and I thought it was at West Croydon.

One thing to bear in mind with all of this. Buildings in London aren't worth very much. It's the land that costs. I would have thought the economic loss wouldn't be so very great.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Some of the people here seem to be unaware that they are being suckered. Sure, you can rant about rioters all you like, but it's not the rioters who are ****ing the planet and the economy all at once. There are rather bigger things to be annoyed about, and these riots are just symptoms, they are not the deeper problem.

I think if your home has just gone up in flames, you don't give a toss about the bigger problems, and care rather more about the riots.

These yobs don't give a toss about the bigger issues, they aren't symptoms, they are just yobs taking advantage of a situation. There have been such people for ever, and sadly, there always will be.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Considering Welling usually has above its fair share of hoodies, it's very quiet here. Maybe they've all gone to Lewisham or it could be there's just nothing worth looting/burning in Welling.

Flyingfox

One thing to bear in mind with all of this. Buildings in London aren't worth very much. It's the land that costs. I would have thought the economic loss wouldn't be so very great.

That's an extremely naive thing to say - people's homes and business's have gone up in flames, some people will have lost their livelyhoods and jobs because of a few mindless idiots. The knock-on economic losses will be huge.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
That's an extremely naive thing to say - people's homes and business's have gone up in flames, some people will have lost their livelyhoods and jobs because of a few mindless idiots. The knock-on economic losses will be huge.
there'll be some insurance claims, and some small traders will go out of business, but it's not the same as a steel mill closing in Rhondda, let alone Northern Rock.......

the cleared sites may even be worth more than they were before.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Fishguard and the surrounding villages are calm tonight, but it nearly kicked off big time this afternoon. Five cars and a tractor had to back up the hill in Lower Town around tea time because a holidaymaker was struggling to get his caravan round the narrow ninety degree bend. You could feel the tension in the air and at one point it looked like a serious disturbance was about to erupt when some local hothead threw a dirty look across the narrow bridge, but fortunately the vicar arrived and calmed things down just as the temperature was starting to rise.

There's been an eerie calm all evening but there is fear in the air, the cattle are spooked and someone commented that they hadn't seen anyone of them shoot for hours. Scarey, I can tell you.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Fishguard and the surrounding villages are calm tonight, but it nearly kicked off big time this afternoon. Five cars and a tractor had to back up the hill in Lower Town around tea time because a holidaymaker was struggling to get his caravan round the narrow ninety degree bend. You could feel the tension in the air and at one point it looked like a serious disturbance was about to erupt when some local hothead threw a dirty look across the narrow bridge, but fortunately the vicar arrived and calmed things down just as the temperature was starting to rise.

There's been an eerie calm all evening but there is fear in the air, the cattle are spooked and someone commented that they hadn't seen anyone of them shoot for hours. Scarey, I can tell you.
genius, SJ. Almost wet myself.....there'll be incest in the Gwyn tonight!

mac1

Aggravating bore magnet
Some of the people here seem to be unaware that they are being suckered. Sure, you can rant about rioters all you like, but it's not the rioters who are ****ing the planet and the economy all at once. There are rather bigger things to be annoyed about, and these riots are just symptoms, they are not the deeper problem.

bwahahahahahahahaha

[quote name='What's that clunking?' timestamp='1312831820' post='1789637']
He was trying to get home, if the "action" is outside his home he doesn't have much choice but to go there, and where does it say he's been hanging round watching, he could have just come back from work?
[/quote]

... and he then gets beaten up, attacked, burnt in his house and the Police have failed in their duty to protect him?

Top Bottom