London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I've just heard that it's kicked off in Leeds as well.

Cue 'comunity leaders' blaming everyone but the knobheads who are responsible.

''its' the police, it's cos' they got nuffik to do, it's cos their mate was arrested, it's the polititians, it's the councils fault, it's their mums fault.....................etc etc etc''

And Birmingham!

2PedalsTez

Über Member
From a friend that works in Croydon...

"Mate its game over. Store closed at 6. Looters already done in argos and maplins. All of our front windows smashed in. Police on retail
Park...."

bongofury66

Mmmmm, there are deeper problems, but people are responsible for there own actions........including harming your own community. One thing a trip to a poor part of China taught me, was that despite the regime they live under, the majority of people were pretty happy because they were all in much the same boat. the modern disease in the western world is dissatisfaction. tquote name='Flying_Monkey' timestamp='1312834620' post='1789740']
Some of the people here seem to be unaware that they are being suckered. Sure, you can rant about rioters all you like, but it's not the rioters who are ****ing the planet and the economy all at once. There are rather bigger things to be annoyed about, and these riots are just symptoms, they are not the deeper problem.
[/quote]

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Some of the people here seem to be unaware that they are being suckered. Sure, you can rant about rioters all you like, but it's not the rioters who are ****ing the planet and the economy all at once. There are rather bigger things to be annoyed about, and these riots are just symptoms, they are not the deeper problem.
Come off it, these people are not starving or homeless.

It's a chance for a bit of excitement and a ruck with the old bill with a chance to nick some tasty electronics from Currys thrown in. It's what gives a lot of young people a buzz, that's why we had three decades of football violence.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The ironic thing about the fire in Croydon is that the fire station is on the other side road.

the fire in Croydon is right next to Evans. Time to start praying to the bike gods!

The furniture store on reeves corner which is on fire is not right next to evans. Is there another fire by west croydon station?

bongofury66

ok...which would you rather have,,,,,,,,,,the brave lads in Afghanistan wasting the locals there....or here. I know which I would want. l
I hope they throw the book at everyone they possibly can. If the police don't take an ultra tough approach this will just keep happening.

colly

Re member eR
There are rather bigger things to be annoyed about, and these riots are just symptoms, they are not the deeper problem.

All very smug and worthy, but if it's your job/business/home going down the shi88er because of a bunch of losers then I'm sure being annoyed is the very least of you will be feeling.

And of course they aren't the ''deeper problem'' but looting a bunch of tellys and DVD players is doing FA about anything.

bongofury66

Can I just point out that the quote was not mine!!!!!
All very smug and worthy, but if it's your job/business/home going down the shi88er because of a bunch of losers then I'm sure being annoyed is the very least of you will be feeling.

And of course they aren't the ''deeper problem'' but looting a bunch of tellys and DVD players is doing FA about anything.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Thats one big fire in Croydon, real danger of it spreading to buildings across the road already starting to pyrolise.
great word - and, yes, the window frames just went up of their own accord.

Kid's gone out in DMs and Adidas tracksuit. To Balham. Chances of anything kicking off there somewhat south of zero. Unless someone gets served a dodgy glass of pinot grigio, in which case it's game over.

The ironic thing about the fire in Croydon is that the fire station is on the other side road.

The furniture store on reeves corner which is on fire is not right next to evans. Is there another fire by west croydon station?

Looking at the situation as im seeing it unfold on the BBC, I would expect that the appliances from Croydon are already deployed elsewhere. There may even be a central location(s) where appliances are being held and deployed by Gold Command. Im certainly concerned for the safety of my colleagues in LFB tonight.

Top Bottom