London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
so...after 25 pages what does seem clear is that none of us have the answer

My first venture onto this subject on here and I find that lots seem to think they have the answer or know what the causes or solutions are. There's more heat than light on this topic, as usual.

BearPear

Veteran
I have listened to lots of radio, watched plenty of news and read heaps of forum entries over the last few days and the only "liberalist" comment I have heard which has made me stop and think is this - what is it in these people's lives which is so out of kilter that they think they have nothing to lose by behaving in this way?.

Yes, it is moronic, pointless and terrifying for the innocent people affected, but they have no fear of the consequences - the police, arrest, prison followed by a lifetime of dead-end jobs or benefits - and the question has to be "why?". You can't say that it is just because they are idiots. Or can you?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have listened to lots of radio, watched plenty of news and read heaps of forum entries over the last few days and the only "liberalist" comment I have heard which has made me stop and think is this - what is it in these people's lives which is so out of kilter that they think they have nothing to lose by behaving in this way?.

Yes, it is moronic, pointless and terrifying for the innocent people affected, but they have no fear of the consequences - the police, arrest, prison followed by a lifetime of dead-end jobs or benefits - and the question has to be "why?". You can't say that it is just because they are idiots. Or can you?

Watch, you will only be giving half on this forum even more ammunition :rolleyes::biggrin:

lukesdad

Its all been part Of Noodleys masterplan to divide and conquer. Might have worked to had the might of the Welsh nation not been thrown behind the English. :whistle: :thumbsup:

cd365

Guru
Amazon fast Movers

Sales of Baseball Bats have gone through the roof!

Just heard a suggestion on local radio I quite like. Arm Police with paintball guns, the balls to be filled with 'smartwater'.

An encouragement for the mobs to disperse - the things hurt
Those in attendance are marked - the stuff is nigh on impossible to remove which would back up later prosecutions along with video evidence.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Just heard a suggestion on local radio I quite like. Arm Police with paintball guns, the balls to be filled with 'smartwater'.

Those in attendance are marked - the stuff is nigh on impossible to remove which would back up later prosecutions along with video evidence.

A great idea. Wasn't smart water used in the water cannons previously?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

All very well until you are just there watching your house burn down when some twat fires something at you and the next thing you know you are on bloody Crimewatch.

Globalti

Legendary Member

Smart water, an indelible dye and a smelly industrial perfume. I can supply the latter, it would certainly mark the little shites out as it would linger disgustingly for a few days.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
sorry to interrupt this 'flow' of 'ideas', (enchanting though it might be to ponder spraying wet stuff on small boys), but, if you've been struck, as I have, by the tremulous response of BBC TV News (possibly because all the real newsreaders are on their hols) then do please take a look at this http://www.youtube.c...d&v=biJgILxGK0o for which I thank Thom F.

Darcus Howe grapples with idiocy..........

Top Bottom