London to Brighton night ride, March 6th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

rb58

Enigma
Fair few n'er do wells, vagabonds and footpads around there.
Providing your bike is clean, they'll let you pass. Just make sure you don't get scalped by the party bike at Borough Market.
Seriously, The Strand is a lottery - sometimes it's completely clear, sometimes it's gridlocked. And when it's gridlocked it's a pain in the ar*e to filter along. And @StuAff is correct, it's 1/2 further than The City route, but you will get a magnificent view of Westminster and the river as you cross the bridge.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
the FNRttC are the most inclusive rides you will probably ever find. The rules have a purpose which once you experience a ride you might understand but I suspect you will never find yourself experienceing the magic......

Speaking of magic, my sixth sense tells me I appear to have disappeared. What to do with this new power? I could tag along anyway, enjoying the draft – a SMIDSY mascot or TEC for other ghosts. Or, I could accept that I've been nudged along that fork in the road. There would be a kind of peace in that.

6thsense.jpg

Crains.jpg

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Thoughts on the best route from Liverpool Street to HPC ? I'm not a regular rider in London so lost for what's a safe route or not?
I'll be passing Liverpool St en route to HPC & am happy to meet you if you like. I usually go as @Pale Rider but am familiar with @rb58 's route too & willing to give it a whirl as what he says about the Strand is true!
If you like, let me know what time your train is due.....

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'm going to have to bow out of this, sadly: I managed to bork my knee (again!) on Tuesday, and it's healing far too slowly for me to be comfortable with the thought of cycling 60 odd miles on it next week.

Apologetic email sent.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm going to have to bow out of this, sadly: I managed to bork my knee (again!) on Tuesday, and it's healing far too slowly for me to be comfortable with the thought of cycling 60 odd miles on it next week.

Apologetic email sent.

And miss my birthday? *indignant huff*

Hope it heals up sooner rather then later...

jiberjaber

Veteran
I'll be passing Liverpool St en route to HPC & am happy to meet you if you like. I usually go as @Pale Rider but am familiar with @rb58 's route too & willing to give it a whirl as what he says about the Strand is true!
If you like, let me know what time your train is due.....

Sounds like there is a plan forming.... anyone else in the LST vicinity, safety in numbers if we head South of the river LOL :smile:

I'll probably be rolling in to Liverpool Street around 10:55 / 23:01 subject to which train I make at Chelmsford.

Top Bottom